Notice! The Real Harley-Davidson Bicycles

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
What? Real Harley-Davidson bicycles!

Yes Harley-Davidson started with bicycles!

And now us motorized bicyclists have motorized them yet again!

Real Harley's only $2400.00 just add motor!

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Are these made in America or another cleverly marketed import? If they are Chinese they might as well have chioung chagun decals on the tanks.
*tried to find my own answer, can't find out much, HD web site does not seem to even mention them. Does anyone actually know country of origin? This type of thing is important to me.

Last edited:

Homeless Bob

Feb 25, 2010
Louisiana
Here's what I found...

...The new Harley-Davidson bikes built by GT Bicycles under license from Harley-Davidson is another modern future collectible. Except for a few cheap toy bikes, this is the first real bicycle to wear a Harley badge since the early 1920s. Back then, Harley farmed out the work to Dayton and other bike manufacturers, so in that regard, nothing has changed.

GT plans to build a whole series of Harley bikes, each one with the styling of one of Harley's motorcycles. The first bike was introduced in 1997. GT built only 1,000 Limited Edition Harley bikes before destroying the mold for the unique metal headbadge....
...The frame and body parts are American-made. However, some of the parts, such as the Shimano drivetrain and brakes and the tires are made in Japan. Even Harley motorcycles use Japanese parts these days, so the bike is authentic in that regard, too...
The Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange - 1997 Harley-Davidson Limited Edition Bicycle #43

Hope that helps!

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Thanks for posting that info, very helpful and I feel allot better. It really bothers me to see registered American trade names licensed to overseas manufacturers. It's awesome to know there are still some hold outs who won't sell out America's future.

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Strolling around the flea market this past Sunday I saw one of these bikes for sale. The turquise model with saddle bags and all.

jimrandolph

Nov 28, 2009
signal mountain, tn.
I love these bikes, my first one was a Black Velo Glide, I put a Morini engine on it. The local Harley Shop has a 26 yr old daughter who fell in love with it cause she could pop wheelies withe it. He bought it for her for $5000.00. My second one was the Velo Glide Ultra, I put a gt5 engine on it, been riden it for 3 weeks now, and haven't got it out of 3rd gear yet don't need to go faster, till I break in this engine, check out the pix.
Jim
98_harley_1.jpg
98_harley_4.jpg

What? Real Harley-Davidson bicycles!

Yes Harley-Davidson started with bicycles!

And now us motorized bicyclists have motorized them yet again!

Real Harley's only $2400.00 just add motor!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
jim

HI AND WELCOME. THERE HAS BEEN A RED HD BIKE ON EBAY FOR MONTHS =$3000. WITH OUT MOTOR.

ABOUT 1953 I BOUGHT A 1936 HARLEY DAVIDSON 80 CID FLATHEAD FOR $20 AND A USED PISTON FOR $5. I CAME WITH TWO WOODEN NAIL KEGS OF PARTS. HAD IT RUNNING IN TWO DAYS. SLEPT IN SCHOOL DURING THE TWO DAYS.

RON .cvlt1