Morini S6S Clutch help

GoldenMotor.com

f1gopedder

Jun 23, 2012
boca raton, fl
The brass bushing on my clutch came with spiral cut oil groves in it. For me this is my interpretation of how my wear is on it. My oil groves are still very nicely pronounced. These said oil groves basically only have so much depth to them. When my groves get a bit shallower then will replace my bushing. This is my take on it anyway.. ''Shrug''

The two needles one needle physically moves the carb slide up and down. This is your static idle adjustment. How high to have your motor idle at...

The other is a fuel mixture screw for the first 1/3 throttle or so. If you have any lag in your throttle response like it is not quick clean crisp, responsive. Then this screw can clean that up. Should be able to blip the throttle towards wot and have no lag in your response. Anywhere from 1 to 3 turns mebbe really depends on what idle jet you have in it from the factory. Can't tell you I don't live at sea level.. Betcha go 1 1/2 turn out and go from there?

Why are you messing with it is it not running right?

My carb is set for 6000 plus foot. A.S.L at about 1 1/2 turn out. In the heat of the summer I set it just a little leaner. In winter I go a tiny bit richer like 1/4 turn

All carbs come from the factory tuned for sea level for the most part.. You live at sea level?
well the only reason im messing with it is because it was at 1/2 turn out!!!! in the goped world... the engine would have been seized by now. So i put it at 1 1/2 turns out each needle to see if it performs better. But it was running great at 1/2 turn out so i guess well see what happens.

I just ordered an 11 tooth sprocket for the big boy and I was wondering how hard would it be to lengtthen the chain if need be? I think its #35 chain. And is an 11 tooth the biggest I can go on the front sprocket of the s6s? I saw they have a 12 tooth as well but im concerned about clearence issues.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
My carb is no where near stock and I just don't know how a little 49cc motor like this will act at sea level? At times do get a clue from the forum but vague as heck? I run a different needle and a different atomizer. My atomizer is leaner and so is my needle with a much larger main jet.. I had to read and read. Last I had to buy parts and simply try them until it was right..for my elevation.

My currant needle is fatter and lets me cruise around at lower rpm with a good air/fuel tune here. When I started out the dang thing was a dragster only in need off taming with no hope of idling around as the carb would load the motor up so bad I had to go back to dragster mode just to blow it out again. ''Black Smoke''

This thing ran terrible and it was mandatory. Now it's flawless!

As for a 12 tooth sprocket I had to get my buddy to catch his baggy jean's paints leg in the engine cog/chain. Was not hard and was the bikes first maiden voyage too. He had the Mapp gas and the silver solder for my throttle cable at the time. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=9010

It took a drill bit to carve the Levis jeans out. Then I had room for the 12 tooth sprocket. lol Funny story and it has never ever even remotely happened to me. I still give him plenty of guff about it in good fun tho. Was late at night and just add drinking.

Poor guy limped for a month he did not put a scratch on the bike tho. Laid it down 30 mph into a turn. Got the peddle. I just don't drink at all used to tho. Truly Terrible habit. IMO :( Takes your money and your health. I became allergic to it. Best thing that ever happened to me. It is hot as heck out this time of year. While others are dropping like flies the heat of the sun has no effect on me!!:)

It knocked a tiny bit of the interior aluminum wall out next to the the mag. Did not hurt anything. Is totally still operational to this day.laff

So in a nut shell at one time I briefly tried a 12 tooth and it fit! However I did not like it my gear ratio was wrong for my application.. only went about 10 miles with it and never used anything but a 11 then on.

I think a 12 will fit but might need some grooming to make things harmonize? I prolly should for the sake of helping someone? Would have to dig that sprocket back up and hold it against a new motor to say how involved it really is? It runs darn close and can be done.

f1gopedder

Jun 23, 2012
boca raton, fl
My carb is no where near stock and I just don't know how a little 49cc motor like this will act at sea level? At times do get a clue from the forum but vague as heck? I run a different needle and a different atomizer. My atomizer is leaner and so is my needle with a much larger main jet.. I had to read and read. Last I had to buy parts and simply try them until it was right..for my elevation.

My currant needle is fatter and lets me cruise around at lower rpm with a good air/fuel tune here. When I started out the dang thing was a dragster only in need off taming with no hope of idling around as the carb would load the motor up so bad I had to go back to dragster mode just to blow it out again. ''Black Smoke''

This thing ran terrible and it was mandatory. Now it's flawless!

As for a 12 tooth sprocket I had to get my buddy to catch his baggy jean's paints leg in the engine cog/chain. Was not hard and was the bikes first maiden voyage too. He had the Mapp gas and the silver solder for my throttle cable at the time. http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=9010

It took a drill bit to carve the Levis jeans out. Then I had room for the 12 tooth sprocket. lol Funny story and it has never ever even remotely happened to me. I still give him plenty of guff about it in good fun tho. Was late at night and just add drinking.

Poor guy limped for a month he did not put a scratch on the bike tho. Laid it down 30 mph into a turn. Got the peddle. I just don't drink at all used to tho. Truly Terrible habit. IMO :( Takes your money and your health. I became allergic to it. Best thing that ever happened to me. It is hot as heck out this time of year. While others are dropping like flies the heat of the sun has no effect on me!!:)

It knocked a tiny bit of the interior aluminum wall out next to the the mag. Did not hurt anything. Is totally still operational to this day.laff

So in a nut shell at one time I briefly tried a 12 tooth and it fit! However I did not like it my gear ratio was wrong for my application.. only went about 10 miles with it and never used anything but a 11 then on.

I think a 12 will fit but might need some grooming to make things harmonize? I prolly should for the sake of helping someone? Would have to dig that sprocket back up and hold it against a new motor to say how involved it really is? It runs darn close and can be done.
haha now thats a funny story. I think im gonna use the 11 for a while but if i get the 12 im gonna HAVE to give it a try hahah. This is the one that i ordered, it will fit my s6s right?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360014303171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_500wt_715

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Dang one dollar! I did not read the shipping charge? That is prolly the right one! The year and model they say sounds right?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
sweet man, just had another question. I noticed today that there are two needles on the side of the stock 19mm delorto carb. One is brass that i can twist by hand and the other needs a flat head to turn. What are each of these needles for and what are the recomended settings for them? thanks a bunch. BTW Im ordering the .6 and .4 washers, spring for the kick starter, and a new clutch cover gasket from the guys in pennsylvania that yall recomended called humbert or something like that. The owner was telling me about a bushing in my clutch bell that could also be worn down causing the bell to be loose, what are the chances of that actually being my problem?
They a have minimum order type deal there. Prolly better to go ahead and get the brass bushing too then. Better to be happy more later. I am sitting on some spares myself. Just have not needed them yet. The thrust washers are just as important in my opinion. As cause and effect goes.. Setting this up correctly from the get go sounds like what you are trying to do. When in doubt mike it out. Harbor Freight has those cheapo micrometers.

Honestly I don't know what your clutch looks like from over here? My clutch when it was bran new from the factory had too much wobble to it IMO. Just sharing how I corrected it is all.

As for your chain? Dunno what to say? I would prolly put a new one on myself. I can rip a link out measure twice and do it again and its still to short lol. Never was to good at reconstructing one. Here is a good funny joke read!! :p:Drotfl http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34248

Last edited:

f1gopedder

Jun 23, 2012
boca raton, fl
They a have minimum order type deal there. Prolly better to go ahead and get the brass bushing too then. Better to be happy more later. I am sitting on some spares myself. Just have not needed them yet. The thrust washers are just as important in my opinion. As cause and effect goes.. Setting this up correctly from the get go sounds like what you are trying to do. When in doubt mike it out. Harbor Freight has those cheapo micrometers.

Honestly I don't know what your clutch looks like from over here? My clutch when it was bran new from the factory had too much wobble to it IMO. Just sharing how I corrected it is all.

As for your chain? Dunno what to say? I would prolly put a new one on myself. I can rip a link out measure twice and do it again and its still to short lol. Never was to good at reconstructing one. Here is a good funny joke read!! :p:Drotfl http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=34248
haha omg i cant believe that person took the time to even take the chain apart like that and take pics thats hilarious. Yea they didnt have the bushing in stock so im hoping that the thrust washer will solve it. if it doesnt the owner said that i could have the bushing made at a machine shop locally. So i might have to go that route. But well see.

f1gopedder

Jun 23, 2012
boca raton, fl

would you be interested in maybe selling me one of those bushings if the thrust washers dont work? or where can i buy them online?

also will these work on my s6s? im guessing that ill get a lot of performacne out of them. because on my dirt bike they helped alot

http://www.amazon.com/V-Force-Valve-Junior-Adventure-Senior/dp/tech-data/B000GV91PI

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I am holding on all my bits and pieces. Got have 4 engines to up keep. I really don't think you will need it.. Those thrust washers done nice really clean it up real sweet. I am guessing here but I don't think you got enough mileage to worry yet.;)

f1gopedder

Jun 23, 2012
boca raton, fl
I am holding on all my bits and pieces. Got have 4 engines to up keep. I really don't think you will need it.. Those thrust washers done nice really clean it up real sweet. I am guessing here but I don't think you got enough mileage to worry yet.;)
yea this engine really looks brand new bro. Im super excited to have it back up and running THE RIGHT WAY this time haha. That place in pennsylvania is sending my parts tomrorow morning!! I really appreciate all the help. Up next for this scooter is gonna be an FMF shorty silencer, V force reeds unless you dont reccomend them for the morini as im guessing i will need to rejet after installation, and an air filter. Do you know where I can find the right size uni filter that will fit the 19mm carb?

f1gopedder

Jun 23, 2012
boca raton, fl
I am pretty partial to ones like these at my altitude they let in the most air IME. . Look around for a fairly long one as it will prolly breath even better. My guess is these are the best performance wise I can think of ? This is just a quick scrambled for example picture don't get your wallet out yet lol. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uni-Clamp-P...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e646dc388
thats the exact one im looking for, i have the same one on my goped. But do you know the exact measurements i need?