What is the best roller chain tensioner for # 25 chain

GoldenMotor.com

MoRo1212

Jun 26, 2009
USA
Hello motored bicycle members,

I was wondering if there is anyone that have used "universal chain tensioners" for # 25 chain
that are spring-loaded???

I would like any links for these universal (or custom/fabricated) chain tensioners that would work with Curry electric motors ,and any comments about the home-brewed/fabricated variety of vchain tensioners out there in these subforums!!

Thanks in advance for any/all replies!!

btw ,I have noticed while reading some of the threads posted regarding chain tensioners that Baja Motorsports DB30 mini bikes have an adaptable chain tensioner, but when i checked the links for this,I could ONLY find the replacement idler wheel for the chain tensioner-hopefully I get a few updated links in the replies!!

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Did you ever find a tensioner for the 25 chain?
usflg.shft.
Cowboy,
The original poster, OP of this thread hasn't posted here for 3 years and the thread is over 5 years old. I doubt he'll answer you. If you're looking for the same thing maybe someone will chime in and offer some help. Good luck.

You can always check the date of the post/thread. The date is right above the poster's avatar, upper left hand corner.

Tom

Last edited:

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Cowboy,
The original poster, OP of this thread hasn't posted here for 3 years and the thread is over 5 years old. I doubt he'll answer you. If you're looking for the same thing maybe someone will chime in and offer some help. Good luck.

You can always check the date of the post/thread. The date is right above the poster's avatar, upper left hand corner.

Tom
Hey Tom, I've done the same thing myself more than once. I'm not always the sharpest tack in the box and sometimes dont see the date before I hit submit reply. But It's like you said, perhaps someone will chime in and come up with a solution that everyone can consider. Old dont always mean obsolete.
fatdaddy.usflg