C'mon over and set a spell

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Nice, Mike. That's a great swing. I'm envious.

I have some fond memories of my grandmother's porch swing. It made that distinctive "eeek, eeek" sound when you sat in it, swinging. It was on her front porch and her house was on a quiet little street. Big trees, birds, and fire flies on summer evenings. Wow, we're talking many moons ago. Thanks for the memories.

Tom

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
I have some fond memories of my grandmother's porch swing.
me too.

I have a "glider" on my porch now - but it ain't the same. I guess I could find the studs above and get the real thing (my house is 93 yrs old and has a decent porch).

sometimes I think "we've gone backwards" in simple horse sense.

old homes like mine have both double hung windows (of course painted shut by retards in the 1940-60's - so they don't work now! - but if they were never painted shut - they sure as **** would work today and compliment all the attic fans in the same said homes! - which do work - but probably not all that well - most likely the same retards (as they did in my home) "stuff off the attic" so the fan that predates the tard losts most of its effectiveness.

-don't even get me started on old homes built for cross-breeze and with no hallways (which suck in all ways from breaking crossbreeze to wasting floor square footage) vs homes post 1940's with 1/2 of their floorspace wasted on hallways for no reason...........and no double hung windows in sight!

nor attic fans for that matter!

cosmickid

Sep 11, 2011
planet earth
That's a welcoming looking swing ya' got there Mike!
Wish we could have a porch swing but don't have enough porch or roof overhang so have to make do with a garden bench I built a decade ago.

Last edited: