Puch Bobber

GoldenMotor.com

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Here is how I plan on adding a seat spring so I have a softer ride.

Need to add bracing under the seat stay plate and the attachment points for the seat shock/spring.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Yes it will help for sure to cushion my back side. I do hope that the 450lbs rating on the shock/spring is high enough to give a nice ride. pino.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

I have the bottom mount point welded in, now I only need to fab the top/seat mount point. Before I welded the bottom one in totally I tested it out for the bounce factor. It seems to be good how I have it positioned now.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
The seat sub frame is now fully fab'd and just needs paint. Put the seat on it and sat down giving it the bouncing up and down treatment. Nothing broke, twisted or snapped on it.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
Well she would of been a roller today, but UPS didn't deliver my new rear tire because they had a late train on Thursday so I didn't get the tire Friday. Did get the head tube bearing cups installed and put the forks on.

The seat seems to be strong like bull and withstood me bouncing up and down on it with a fair amount of force.

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.
So I put the engine up in it's place that it is suppose to go and find I have a carb clearance issue. The area by the float bowel I can just do some trimming of the part of the case that sticks up in the way. What I am not yet sure what to do with it is the choke lever.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
So I put the engine up in it's place that it is suppose to go and find I have a carb clearance issue. The area by the float bowel I can just do some trimming of the part of the case that sticks up in the way. What I am not yet sure what to do with it is the choke lever.

You could make a different manifold that would put the carb off to one side to clear......or just turn it around to face the front.......Curt