Too wide exhaust port?

GoldenMotor.com

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
the old fact on making the exhaust port 60% of the overall bore. My exhaust port is about that big but again im running a yz80 expansion chamber where the flow will greatly help.

What exhaust do you plan on runnning?

MAKE SURE you put a nice camfer on the edges so the rings wont catch on any burs.

mrfubs

Jun 13, 2013
michigan
hahah Thats just too awesome theres not too many people running the yz80 chamber!
I cant tell you exactly what it will do because i did all of my engine work at once, but i can tell you you will gain something. The engine will breathe a lot better and maybe rev up faster youll just have to fire it up and see!

if you want more speed you would have to drill some materiel off the crank. i drilled inbetween the 2 existing holes in the crank about 1/4" deep on each side, i used the same size drill bit as the previously drilled holes. Now its smooth at a higher rpm!

its hard to see but i found a pic that you can kind of see the size of my exhaust port on the left.
rsz_12013-08-21_16-04-37_266.jpg

And Pedrito thanks haha its a RST Capa fork it is universal meaning the steering stem is removable and you can buy a steerer stem in your size! the fork cost me 96-100 shipped. i bought it because of the disc brake tabs so i could hook up my hydraulic brakes.