who sells 4g huasheng with straight 5/8 shaft?

GoldenMotor.com

shwnrttr

Dec 2, 2009
titusville, florida
im looking to buy a 4stroke kit but im looking for the huasheng with the straight 5/8 shaft with 4g. because i plant to use sbp shift kit. does anybody sell these?

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
im looking to buy a 4stroke kit but im looking for the huasheng with the straight 5/8 shaft with 4g. because i plant to use sbp shift kit. does anybody sell these?
Bought mine from http://www.bicycle-engines.com/ back in 1999 before I moved to Idaho. Plus...Terry over at http://blowbyu.ca/ has them. Both are fantastic and bought from both of them. I could be wrong...but I believe Duane at Dax sells his engines with a 78mm shaft. If I'm wrong...I apologize before hand. (Did get a 1 gallon tank from Duane and he had it to my place in two days. Plus...all three will call you back if you have any problems.)

Personally...I would buy the HS 142 with the EZMatic transmission. It's pricey...but runs so smooth and never had any problems. Any replacement parts you need can be bought at any auto parts store. You need a new clutch assembly...you buy it from a go-cart dealer for about $50 or less.

Myself...I stay away from anything from Grubee because the parts are sometimes VERY impossible to locate. This is why I bought the EZMatic rather than the Grubee belt drive. It's not uncommon to find you can't buy replacement parts for months on in.

Another part I would tell you to buy is the HD Free Wheel. You have a decent bike shop...get your wheel built locally. If not...buy the complete rear wheel assembly. This will keep your chain in line at all times and keep you running while others are attempting to get their sprockets in line and can't.

A problem I've been having for quite a long time is these three piece cranks. No matter which company I buy from...the pedals keep falling off due to not being able to keep the arms tight. Am hoping to find and buy a wide one piece crank which won't have this problem. This is what I was talking about not being able to buy parts and waiting for months to buy what you need for a build.

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
You mean 2009, phoobarnvaz? There was no 4G in 1999, they didn't come out til about '08! Also, sounds like your pedal arms have their threads reversed!

OP: bicycle-engines does sell em but this is the slow period. They're out of stock and waiting on the slowboat from China like many other websites at this time of year. A Q-matic is about $120 or so more, but is definitely worth it if reliability is rule #1. It's perhaps the best cruising system around.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
You mean 2009, phoobarnvaz? There was no 4G in 1999, they didn't come out til about '08!
Yep. It was 2009. Of course...getting older...the passage of time speeds up just like being in a black hole. Since that's what my mind is starting to resemble the older I get...may as well accept my fate. ;)

Also, sounds like your pedal arms have their threads reversed!
That's what I thought...but no matter which way I flip the shaft or change the nuts...still the same result. With this being my second pair...due to having no way of getting what I really want and being able to ride...got what I could.

OP: bicycle-engines does sell em but this is the slow period. They're out of stock and waiting on the slowboat from China like many other websites at this time of year.
True. When I contacted them back in February...told it was going to be June. So it's June and I'm ready to get the one piece and never bother with these 3 piece cranks ever again.

A Q-matic is about $120 or so more, but is definitely worth it if reliability is rule #1. It's perhaps the best cruising system around.
Plus...they're even being built for the Harbor Freight 99cc engines for about $20 more than the 5/8" shaft model for the Honda/HS engines.

Sure...you pay a lot for the Q-matic...but if you need to replace the go-cart clutch for $40-50 and a belt for $5 or less at any auto parts store or ATV store...can't get any better than that. Compared to the Grubee belt drives and waiting 6-9 months for a replacement belt...you can't ask for more than that. The only bad thing about the Q-matic I can think of is the plastic rivets. Even those can be had for about $3 for nine of them at the auto parts store.

Here's what my drive side looks like. Ended up painting/clear coating the big covers to be distinctive.

If you or anyone else is interested...you can see my album here or on Motored Bikes.

Attachments

BE-tech

Sep 14, 2011
Bozeman
"That's what I thought...but no matter which way I flip the shaft or change the nuts...still the same result. With this being my second pair...due to having no way of getting what I really want and being able to ride...got what I could."

Hmm. They are a square tapered design and almost stay on by themselves without the nut after properly torqued. The nuts themselves should be knurled on the flange to prevent them from backing out... Are the cranks falling off the bottom bracket spindle or are the pedals coming out of the crank? If the pedals are coming out of the crank make sure you have a Left crank and a Right crank and that they are on the correct sides, they should be marked on the back.

If the cranks are falling off the bottom bracket spindle another possibility is that there is an imperfection in the bottom bracket spindle or crank arm that is not allowing the crank to fully seat on the tapered spindle. Sometimes greasing the tapered portion of the spindle will allow the crank to fully 'seat' against the tapered surface. Google search square tapered crank greasing for more info/schools of thought on this.

"True. When I contacted them back in February...told it was going to be June. So it's June and I'm ready to get the one piece and never bother with these 3 piece cranks ever again."

We do have a few one-piece wide cranks, but we pulled them from the site because we are out of the bearings that come with them. We can let them go just the cranks only: PM or email me if you want them.

"waiting on the slowboat from China"

The_Aleman hit it on the head when he said this. There are MANY factors that come into play when getting these things here and it is really a big window on when we will get the product.

"OP: bicycle-engines does sell em but this is the slow period. They're out of stock and waiting on the slowboat from China like many other websites at this time of year."

We are still selling complete kits, but have taken off the listing of motor only and gearbox only because we are so low on stock and have an even number of mounting kits and motors.

phoobarnvaz

Oct 28, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
"That's what I thought...but no matter which way I flip the shaft or change the nuts...still the same result. With this being my second pair...due to having no way of getting what I really want and being able to ride...got what I could."

Hmm. They are a square tapered design and almost stay on by themselves without the nut after properly torqued. The nuts themselves should be knurled on the flange to prevent them from backing out... Are the cranks falling off the bottom bracket spindle or are the pedals coming out of the crank? If the pedals are coming out of the crank make sure you have a Left crank and a Right crank and that they are on the correct sides, they should be marked on the back.
The pedal arms are falling off the shaft. Ended up replacing a "full-sized" nut from a screw store on the sprocket side and hasn't moved. (Have a feeling it's because of the way each side is threaded.) The left side...I have to check it every time I ride because it comes loose just riding it.

If the cranks are falling off the bottom bracket spindle another possibility is that there is an imperfection in the bottom bracket spindle or crank arm that is not allowing the crank to fully seat on the tapered spindle. Sometimes greasing the tapered portion of the spindle will allow the crank to fully 'seat' against the tapered surface. Google search square tapered crank greasing for more info/schools of thought on this.
Will do that when I have a few minutes. Doing Vacation Bible School this week...along with the regular yards needing attention.

"True. When I contacted them back in February...told it was going to be June. So it's June and I'm ready to get the one piece and never bother with these 3 piece cranks ever again."

We do have a few one-piece wide cranks, but we pulled them from the site because we are out of the bearings that come with them. We can let them go just the cranks only: PM or email me if you want them.
If it's just the bearings...I get these from the bike shop for 50 cents...as well as having at least 1 or 2 sets I have sitting around. As long as the sprocket/arms/nuts are there...I WANT IT!!! Will be PM'ing you here...but you can also email me at [email protected].

We are still selling complete kits, but have taken off the listing of motor only and gearbox only because we are so low on stock and have an even number of mounting kits and motors.
Hope the parts shortage comes to an end for everyone.