quick question

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
There should be an idle speed screw on your carburetor. You didn't say which carb you have but they all usually have one. Have you tried increasing the idle speed by turning that screw in a little?

Tom

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
There should be an idle speed screw on your carburetor. You didn't say which carb you have but they all usually have one. Have you tried increasing the idle speed by turning that screw in a little?

Tom
I have the NT stock carb.

I usually turn the screw clockwise a bit each time and it gets better but in a few minutes the bike die again.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
what it sounds like to me is that your slide maybe sticking a little, and then
moving down from vibrations, you could unscrew the top take the slide out
and check for any minor burrs or schmutz that may have found it's way in there.
and put a little oil on it, a thin layer.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
It could be that the spring on the screw (there should be one) is too weak to keep engine vibrations from loosening the idle speed screw. The spring applies pressure to the screw to keep it from turning.

You can try either stretching that spring or looking for one just slightly longer at a hardware store. If you have to keep adjusting the screw it is a good bet that it is loosening and rotating outward, slowing your idle speed.

Tom

nathpld123

Sep 18, 2012
Canada
Well i moved the c-clip in the middle. So its now at 3rd lines from top. It did fixed my problem.

However im still confuse. Isnt it better if the C-Clip stays at the second from top? Cause thats what others recommended me to do and so i did it but it seems like the idle is not good that way.

PS: When i bought the kit the C-Clip was at third line.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Where ever the engine likes it is the best setting. Listen to it.
All engines are different, second groove usually works but not always.

Desert Rat

Jul 30, 2012
Apache Junctoin Az
Well i moved the c-clip in the middle. So its now at 3rd lines from top. It did fixed my problem.

However im still confuse. Isnt it better if the C-Clip stays at the second from top? Cause thats what others recommended me to do and so i did it but it seems like the idle is not good that way.

PS: When i bought the kit the C-Clip was at third line.
You also have to remember elevation can make a difference the higher the
elevation the richer it runs I believe, or maybe it's the other way around
but it can make a diff.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Higher elevation equals less air density which equates to a richer mix given a certain jet size or 'clip' position. When you're at or close to sea level there is more air so you'll need to richen up the mix.

The 'c' clip position has little to nothing to do with idle speed however and that was the original concern of the OP.

Tom