Hello from the phillipines

GoldenMotor.com

nikymor

Dec 30, 2012
philippines
hi there im niky from the philippines i recently bought an ht china engine 49cc, almost done with the build, fabricated reinforced cruiser low rider style bike with springer fork, i havent got a closer shot at the engine i forgot to took some yesterday, uhm iwas just wondering can i port polish my exhaust/intake trim my piston in the intake area, and put some ramp on the piston crown, lapp the cylinder head to 0.5mm and change the head gasket to a thinner 1 and some simple mods before i break in my ht engine? any other suggestions would be super much appreciated, thanks in advance happy riding .bf.

here's an fb link on my bike:cant seem to upload it properly here

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151208620646453&set=a.10151208620311453.452643.504371452&type=3&theater

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
My best advice is to build it without changes until you have everything working well, and get the motor properly run in. After that, you can start changing things.

nikymor

Dec 30, 2012
philippines
maybe later il post how poorly they built the engine im seeing lots of possible oil leaks with my ht, thats why if ever while i tore it down i might as well do some mods, any suggestions oh great ones. thanks in advance

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'd wait til it's broken-in before I did any mods. Why waste the time on a engine that may not stay together? Wait and see if it is a runner before you mod it. It also lets you see the results of any modifications easier.

nikymor

Dec 30, 2012
philippines
me and my friend broke down the engine and found bits and pieces of metal inside my ht so we washed it re greased re oiled it because there aint much of grease/oil inside the bearings and pin bearing took of some burrs from the casting,the magneto had tons of metal grindings on it also then i put the head on my moms granite bar flashed a light under it and found that it wasnt really flat even with the ring, so i lapped it,so far thats what ive done just lapped and regreased cleaned the innards of the engine, also we found out that pin bearing is similar to a yamaha jog or honda tact i think, gonna go to the local scooter shop and check there bearings if they have the shelled ones so before i broke it in i wont have any piston play,and also we found that the black wire is the neg and white is positive hheheheh so id be able to puts some lights and horns if ever,

UVsaturated

May 15, 2008
Dayton, Ohio
The metal shavings/grindings you've found on your magneto are likely the outer shield to the main crankshaft bearing. I would replace this bearing with a new shielded one. If you put it back together with a bearing that isn't sealed between the crankcase and the magneto housing, you are sure to have a HUGE vacuum leak which will prevent the engine from running at all. Did you buy this engine/kit new? Mine lasted about 200 miles before my bearing failed. Made a ton of noise. I thought I had broken rings or something. Turns out the bearing installed was missing half the bearings in the first place and this caused the metal seal to disintegrate.

nikymor

Dec 30, 2012
philippines
yeah i bought it brand new around 196.46 USD, even inside the engine got tons of bits and pieces of grinding i was like mining for silver inside the engine. XD what bearings? the large ones on both side of the crank? i also notice the black oil seal i think imma change that to,later im gonna go to the local scooter shop and see if they have some piston kit available for ht engines im pretty sure this ht engines have the same size of honda tact and yamaha jog, coz around my area there are tons of paperless 50cc scooters so they chop it up and sell em for parts, btw what oil should i spray inside the engine coz it sorta have some type of oil inside when we opened coz we washed all the engine with gasoline to remove the grease and blew it out with air compressor, we did have a hard time opening that engine we had you tube it, while we were breakinng the engine down we had a crowd of audience asking questions where do you put the gear oil?XD even my mechanic was wondering where does the gear oil go here? ehheheheh, also imma change to an ngk iridium plug if ever my friends motorcycle shop can get one, didnt like the iridium denso it only lasted me 6 months or so in my suzuki raider r 150, but the ngk iridium took almost 1 and half a year before it died, does any one use other cdi other than jaguar cdi on these ht engines, coz i see that the jaguar cdi had 4 pin and i was looking around sulit.com.ph the philippines ebay, and cant find a 4 pin cdi, any ways thank you so much almighty UVsaturated and oh great maniac57 for the tips, imma update later and took some pics if ever.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Bike looks good. With the large rear sprocket and small rear wheel you should climb small hills easily.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Whatever you do, do not grease the crank shaft bearings. Use a teeny bit of 2 stroke oil on them as well as the big and small connecting rod bearings as an assembly lube, nothing more.
Also use a very thin wipe of 2 stroke oil in the cylinder bore before sliding the piston up into it.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
maybe later il post how poorly they built the engine im seeing lots of possible oil leaks with my ht, thats why if ever while i tore it down i might as well do some mods, any suggestions oh great ones. thanks in advance
Welcome fellow pinoy!!!
For this reason I gave up on the HT Chinese motor. I switched over to a Morini but there are not a lot of hop up parts for it available in the US.

nikymor

Dec 30, 2012
philippines
almost done with the build, i forgot about the rear sprocket alignment wobbled like **** said my mechanic, we had troubles at first starting it, but it was just the magneto, just a few more things to do before break in re elbowing the muffler coz i assume im gonna fry my leg with that muffler on that set up then just porting the intake and exhaust of the muffler so it will match up the ports, havent got a hold of my friend with a dremel and a carbide for it,