Tandoc Tool's "Sport-Tracker" build

GoldenMotor.com

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Sweet forks man! (^)

But I gotta say that bfore I clicked the attachment I thought for sure you were gonna motorize a hotdog cart o_O

;)

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
I got my chain on but I can't get any decent tension on it. What is the correct procedure for tensioning on this style of dropout? Andy's sprocket is on, but I think I want more teeth!

Attachments

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
No new photos but we finally had nice weather in Kansas so I took the Panther out for a human powered spin. I only went around the block but it was far enough to see some problems and smile a little too. My front brake still is not adjusted correctly and the seat is so low that it is impractical to pedal for more than a mile or two before you would be tired and pissed off, but I intend to pedal as little as possible with my Pirate stage two motor to help me up the hills! The Pimplite pedals are the ****--they are huge, light and they gripped my sneakers like a grippy mofo shiznit. The best/worst thing was even poorly adjusted the hydraulic brakes will send you over the bars with two fingers at any time--which I like, but it is exacerbating a slightly out of round head tube (according to the shop that installed my new headset and fork). There is movement of the fork stem on heavy braking that I don't find acceptable so that is the biggest thing I have to figure out. Otherwise, I am waiting for a motor and I want to hack off the kick stand mount so I will have to take the crank apart at least one more time and do some spray can magic to my otherwise pristine new powder coat :( . It was a good day and after almost 4 months of reading, buying parts, trading parts and cussing, the end is finally in sight and I am really proud of how it’s turning out. Thanks to everyone who has helped me out with this cool project. More pics when I get more parts!

TandocTools

Nov 24, 2009
KS
Thanks! All the cool parts of this bike including the seatpost were make by Pat Dolan--sportscarpat on this forum. I can't say enough about his work!