49 o 66cc or restore?

GoldenMotor.com

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Yea I like 4 strokes more, but a 2 stroke is cheap fun also lol

I really like my 79cc predator build, it has the power that 49cc was lacking to push my fat arse around

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
it's a cool bike, but not the rarest of finds.

it's up to you. if you plan on selling it, it's worth more without the motor, unless you've got exceptional building skills. slapping on a stock china kit with the ugly football tank won't bring the buyers banging down your door. if anything, you'll get the same amount of money without the kit.

if you're keeping it for yourself, do whatever you want, it's your bike, but as 2door said, don't drill into it or weld on it. i've built plenty of old bikes, but everything can get put back to stock with nothing left but a few scratches.

the only old bikes i weld on are tweaked or cracked frames.

my advice is clean it up, find parts for it when they come up cheap, and keep it as a pedaler.

find another bike to motorize. unless, like i said earlier, you got some skills to make it really stand out...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
cool but no one has a registry of serial numbers to verify age
Defo a great find, congrats! Serial number databases are hit or miss w/bicycles... oldroads.com used to have a Rollfast database, but I can't find it now (site change?) sorry, but here's some stuff that might help...

They stopped production of the straight downtube Rollfasts in the late 30's/1940 & went to the more familiar curved one, but the skiptooth setup is a dead giveaway for the year range, here's some examples;

1936;

1939;

1943 (last of the skiptooths... skipteeth? lol, w/e);

1946;

If you're interested or lookin' for ideas, this is my motorized '43: photo album/build log Rollfast... but whatever you decide, it's a sweet bike and a great deal for sure!

Last edited:

roadrockett

Feb 2, 2013
gilroy california
Thank you all for the responses I am even more confused now then I was before lol .I am leaning towards an 80 cc 2 stroke. They 49 cc that I just finished have a lot of mods just make it work. But I'm going to write it around for a few weeks and try to make up my mind I might just leave it the way it is