It'a About finished

GoldenMotor.com

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
Well about ready to gas it up an ride . It was along build . Every thing that could go wrong did . Here the bike I think it looks more like a flat tracker what do you think ?

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Great Job, excellent details,awesome tank and forks!

Looks like you been working on it and not worried about the grass too much LOL I do that all the time.

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
Great Job, excellent details,awesome tank and forks!

Looks like you been working on it and not worried about the grass too much LOL I do that all the time.
Well the tank was trouble from the start it's a sportsman flyer an would not fit the frame so I made it fit in the frame have a look . The forks were picked up at a swap meet an reworked . Thanks all . Dan

Attachments

Last edited:

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
You did good, sir. Let us know how it performs. If it runs as good as it looks, you're golden.
Tom
Tom the little motor was a big problem . The first motor had a broken cylinder out of the box . The shop replaced it . The motor has mild port work , case to cylinder matched . The piston has ramped at transfer port an opened at intake , the top was polished as was the combustion chamber . It got a real Dellorto carb. and a Jaguar cdi unit . It got all new bearing . So after all that it should run good , it was built to rider . All the work was to help the mid range power .

Attachments

Last edited:

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Looks well done.
Even though you've got that pipe tucked in pretty tight, be careful to not burn your leg. I did and it hurts. Short pants are your enemy this summer.
Now go ride it.
TiM

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thats a really good looking bike!
Is that fork double welded for motorbikes? If not, you should do it!! The factory welding on Monark forks really lacks in certain areas! :(

Last edited:

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
Thank you every one . It run now we fired it up today . It has a lot of power , in fact to much so . The clutch slips bad . We adjusted it every way possible , even the main spring inside . Just may have bad clutch .

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
You did awesome!
Sorry to hear about the clutch. I hope you get it worked out without too much trouble. Have you checked the friction pads to be sure that they can free float just a teeny bit in the retaining ring? Also it might not be a bad idea to be check that the factory actually installed the woodruff keys in both of the gears and the sprocket. If one is missing on your engine it would not be the first time this has happened to someone.
That bike needs to be ridden!

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
You did awesome!
Sorry to hear about the clutch. I hope you get it worked out without too much trouble. Have you checked the friction pads to be sure that they can free float just a teeny bit in the retaining ring? Also it might not be a bad idea to be check that the factory actually installed the woodruff keys in both of the gears and the sprocket. If one is missing on your engine it would not be the first time this has happened to someone.
That bike needs to be ridden!
I'm sure the woodruff key are there . I put new bearing , gaskets and seals in motor . Every thing is free an in place in there . Thanks Dan

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Well, so much for the easy fixes then.
There are folks on this site that that have made/ sell upgraded friction pads for the clutches in both round style and square style depending on the application.
These are for highly modified engines.
Try putting a want ad in the buy/ sell section.
I cannot recall the names of the members right now, sorry. :(

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
Thank GearNut I'll post now . This has been the way it was from the start . I'm use to it . It ONLY took 3 month to get the right wheels . Thanks Dan

fx-2

Oct 7, 2011
Tucson Arizona
IT RUN , got it running an have been fighting clutch problems . We got it working now . Turkman built a layback seat post looks good , put the seat 3" to the rear . The exhaust was to loud so I packed the muffler , was not a muffler to start with just a empty can . Down to just a few more things lights , center stand and tool box . I can see the light at the end of the tunnel . Lol Dan

Attachments