Where to buy a Felt Twin?

GoldenMotor.com

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I have been doing a lot of research on what bike to buy for my next build, and after riding the Felt Twin today, I knew that was the one. It is so cool looking and smooth riding. I plan to put a 4 stroke 50cc in it.

Has anyone bought one of these online? If so what website has the best deal? A local bike shop is selling it for $579 plus tax. It also had 12 gauge spokes, I'm not sure if all of them come with the heavy duty spokes do they? Most bike shops don't have them in stock, so my options are pretty limited.

Here is the bike on Felt's website: http://2009.feltracing.com/09-catalog/cruiser/one-speed-cruisers/09-twin.aspx

Any buying tips are much appreciated.

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Hello SD,

Felts are phenominal bikes in my opinion, I will one day do a build off of one! The Slater will be my choice to build another 4 stroke onto after I finish putting this Predator on my Micargi Rover.

Anyhow to answer a couple of your questions.
1. All Felt Cruisers come with 12g spokes, BONUS!
2. I have never seen any company offer these bikes online. the only way I know to buy one is through a local shop. Its probably because if people are going to spend that kind of money on a bicycle they want to put their hands on it and see what that $600 is getting them.
3.If your local bike shop carries Felt bicycles, it should not be a problem for them to order the specific Felt you want. Talk to them and Im sure they will order one for you.

Hope I have been of some kinda help even though I probably didnt give you the answer you were looking for.

Last edited:

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
Felt bikes are only sold through dealers, and you must pick them up at the shop. I had to buy my Felt Frame through a dealer an hour away(the closest one) and pick it up there.

jowens

Jul 25, 2011
Webster Fl
Also SD,

your looking at a product line from 2009. They no longer make the Twin, you would have to find one that was left over at a bike shop or buy used.

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I picked up my new Felt Twin today from the bike shop I tested it out at yesterday. They gave me a pretty fair price since I paid in cash, $570 out the door. What a beautiful bike! I think I might switch out the forks with some Monarch's so I can put a disc brake conversion on it for some needed stopping power. They quoted me $130 for a Sturmey Archer drum and rebuild of the front hub. It seems more worth it to just upgrade the forks and get disc adapter I think. I'm stoked for my upcoming build!! Now to buy a 4 stroke kit...

I was thinking about this one, any thoughts?: http://www.bicycle-engines.com/49cc-belt-drive-complete-powered-engine-p-320.html

I was looking at the Dax Titan XC50S, http://thatsdax.com/ENGINES_FOR_SALE_1.html, I wonder if the extra .5 hp will make a big difference? I don't see a price for the kit on his website, just the engine. Has anyone used that Titan?

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol
i got that 4 stroke kit, but becareful with the 80tooth. even the "upgraded" one way bearing is total crap. mine grenaded after a couple blocks of riding. so i welding it solid. i guess the freewheel drivers with the 100tooth kit are prone to failure too. i dont mind not having a free wheel on the drive side, i like the engine braking. it sounds awesome with a nice straight pipe.

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I wasn't too concerned about the sproket, I have a hub adapter I am pulling off my current ride. But what I wasn't sure about is why do all the 4 strokes use such big sprockets? I have a 36T, but if people are using 80-100, it doesn't seem like my small one is going to work. Do they not have enough torque to pick up speed with a small one like mine?