Sandblast grit?

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
It seems a bit coarse to me yet should do a quick job of taking the paint off a frame.

The ticket is... to stop! when the paint is removed... No extra blasting...

Be sure to use a good dust mask!
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
White silica is considered a 'soft' abrasive by abrasive standards. There are many out there all with intended purposes. Some are much softer, like walnut shell and aluminum oxide where there are others made from metal slag. Hard and agressive.
The pressure, psi, at which you blast also has an affect on how well, or poor, an abrasive works.

If you're just removing paint the white silica will probably suffice. Anything around 100psi should work for you but do a little research and see the health and safety considerations when using any sand blasting media and equipment. Typically you'll want to use a respirator and do the blasting outdoors in good ventilation.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Use the lowest pressure that gets it done.
I always start low and work up to the agression level needed, especially on thinner metals like car bodies (which is mostly what I learned on.)
Lower pressure is also easier to control and less hard on equipment and consumables.
You start using big pressure and agressive media, you start using a lot more nozzles and air lines.