Project b.o.m.b.

GoldenMotor.com

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
project b.o.m.b.
no its not a bomb, its a "bug out motor bike"
i have pretty much perfected my current set up.
a full suspension. 06 rocky mountain element with a 35cc honda 4 stroke shifter set up.. you can see the build thread at the bottom of the post.
it has about 300 miles on it so far and it has minimal problems and is very reliable.

i am working on a matching trailer for this bike
the things that i considered when i was building it was that it should be a single wheel, this will work best for narrow bike trails or pathways then the two wheel design.
it should have the same size wheel as my bike so worst case senerio i can steal the innertube or tire for the motorbike, and i also only have to carry one size.
it should have some sort of alternator to generate power while i am traveling. so i can charge my phone extra batteries etc.
and because anything worth doing is worth over doing, it should have suspension. so if i hit a rock it will take a bit of the stress off of the trailer.

the ultimate goal was to carry around 75 lbs of stuff. camping supplies, gas or groceries, anything my heart desires. this is a very large load. it would also need to be able to handle rough terrain without much problems.

my ultimate goal is to take it on a trip to a near by pass. that pass is flathead pass near bozeman, montana. this trip will follow along the base of the bridgers and then to flathead pass, and i havent decided if i will turn around or make a loop around the bridgers. theres just to much traffic on the otherside for my tastes.
the pass is 35 miles from my house and is no cake walk by any standards.
a stock pickup can make to the other side, with some bumps and scrapes, if your not an idiot. this will be the ultimate challenge for a mountain motorized bicycle.

this is what i have so far...it has been able to transport small loads across town reaching speeds around 25 mph, and i loaded it with 60lbs and made it around the block.

i have been able to acheive all of my hopes for the trailer, with the exception of the weight limit. i am revising my pivit near the seat post., i will take more pictures when it is complete,

unknownbmxa88

Mar 15, 2013
montana
oh and i almost forgot. the saddle bags are milsurp rutsaks. 45$ for both plus shipping on ebay. not to bad i think. high quality and they are HUGE!