Clutch Pucks

GoldenMotor.com

m0ck5

Jan 26, 2009
jefferson city missouri
they are used. Factory as in BGF off a 48cc that was not broke in yet the 48cc donated its crank to a 70cc. I was going to sell the 48cc but when I took the 48cc apart I found a flaw/leaking in one of the crank seals so that explains why it didn't have any guts so the 48cc is in mb heaven or maybe the other place for being naughty. I'm glad I didn't sell it.
Norman
stupid question but "BGF"?
im gunna clean mine first and see how they do i think

31ccchopper

Nov 7, 2009
ky
WOW! I just ordered some of these 4 days ago and they got here in 3 days! They are awosme quality and grip up like crazy. Just tighten up the flower nut with you hands and you ready to go. Dont waste money on the old rubber pads get these theire sweet 5 stars all the way!
Thanks a Jonathan hope to do buissness with you again!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I will issue a disclaimer here and say don't "adjust your flower nut with your hands". If you don't know WHAT turning the flower nut does....DON'T TURN THE FLOWER NUT!

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
With the better weather I recently tested out these pucks. I was surprised that they have a better grab. The feel is more like the real deal. I highly recommend these pucs as long as they don't wear out the clutch plates before the season is done.:)

kamen

Mar 29, 2010
USA
Hello Easy Rider, do you still have any more of these round clutch pucks in stock? How can I order some?

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
Hello Easy Rider, do you still have any more of these round clutch pucks in stock? How can I order some?
Yes, we still have some in stock. I will pm you Dean's e-mail info. I've been working 60+ hour weeks since January 1st so rarely get a chance to swing by the shop these days.
Ken

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
No epoxy,,,,no grease,,,,they are dry fit and the outer plate holds them in place!!!

psprat496

Nov 22, 2009
New Jersey
Ok all this talk about these pucks and I think I'm gonna shell out and get some but I need to know how to replace the pads first. Anyone want to fill me in and tell me how to get to them? Any tutorials? That video was also taken off.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I think I have it all here...................................................................................................

Simply,,remove gas line and drain into a glass contanier and then lay the bike on the left side (on a spread out old towl or sheet ) w/a wad of paper towls ,to catch the gas from the carburator. as you lay it down,then throw the paper towls in the back yard to dry out "NO SMOKING",,,,turn a fan on the bike to dry any spills an put the gas-line back on the carb, (so you dont forget later lol),,,now,squeze the clutch lever and lock it,,,then remove the screws on the clutch cover (the big tear drop looking thing) that should be facing UP at this point,,,,I think it has 3 screws,,,in side you will see a small gear and a large gear with a flower shaped nut in the center and a small locking screw in one of the indentations of the flower nut,,,,very carefully remove the locking screw and back the flower nut off,,,,lift off the plate,,,and you should find a spring and you will see the pucks,,TRY NOT to REMOVE the RING the PUCKS are in (there is a bunch of little bearings under it),,,,,clean the plates that the pucks touch,,,I know,its hard to reach the inside one,,replace the pucks making sure they fit nice ,,not binding in the holes,,,,,,,replace the parts in a reverse order,,,only hand tighten the flower nut, "NO" wrench, and ""you should put a thumb nail size ball of grease on the teeth of the small gear"" befor putting the (tear drop) cover back on ,,,,You might use a "small" (SMALL) drop of locktight on the 3 screws (small drop) beacause you will need to remove them later when it is time to adjust the clutch.

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
Correction ,,,It looks like the tear drop cover may be held on by 5 screws,sorry ,the cat was typing the directions for me 'cause I type w/2 fingers,d**n old cat dosn't follow directions ,I'm sure I told him 5 screws

deepdivered

May 15, 2010
mesa
i need a set of the round ones! my pads are shot and i drive this bike every day and need a set asap. i sent u a pm but figured i post here to.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I've been getting a lot of request for the round clutch pucks so I'm bumping this thread. Call Pipelyne if you're in purchasing a set. Dean has sold hundreds of sets and the customers are still on their first set from a couple of years back. PM me if you want his email address.
Thanks