Who makes the best motorized custom bikes?

GoldenMotor.com

Anthemavm

Jul 23, 2011
Ocean
I have been watching venice motor bikes and Phantom bikes, wondered who else I should keep my eye on. Wish i could build my own, but I would make a mess.

I want a felt frame with a sealed tank, or a tank behind the seat.

Thanks

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Thanks for the compliment! :)

Some of the builders that I really like are Sportsman Flyer, Taylar, Wolf Creative Customs & I Ride Customs... There are several others, but I'm drawing a blank right now. :/

Last edited:

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I think CCC and Venice make some of the coolest bikes. My all time favorite is Jeff's 212cc. That bike is a work of art,

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
some of the best custom bike builders are guys who hide out in their garage and don't make a business or a big deal out of their skills.
they do it for the fun, not for the money, and sometimes those builders are the best.

offroad

Dec 31, 2008
Connecticut
Help me understand why a $1000 moped with one year warrentee would be a worse decision than these motorized bikes?

Bought my son a moped from a local dealer, brand new. Had it serviced six months later. He uses it daily while he dreams-saves for a motorcycle.

Not trying to bait anyone with a discussion, but really want to know others opinions on this

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There are those that appreciate something different, not mass-produced, even unique...

...as there are those that don't.

offroad

Dec 31, 2008
Connecticut
good point about custom versus mass-produced. Was thinking on the ride in, that the motorized bicycle might be light enough to put on a strong bike rack (truck or car), but will need to check out the ratings for weight load.

will need to find the lightest motorized bike possible, and do some comparisons

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Help me understand why a $1000 moped with one year warrentee would be a worse decision than these motorized bikes?
Did someone say it was a worse decision? It's all about whatever's right for you.

As for myself, if I went out and bought a moped, by the time I got finished with it, it would look SOOO different that I might as well have built it myself!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have been watching venice motor bikes and Phantom bikes, wondered who else I should keep my eye on. Wish i could build my own, but I would make a mess.

I want a felt frame with a sealed tank, or a tank behind the seat.
"Who makes the best motorized custom bikes?"
What you post asks is who makes the best bikes, but what you what you want to know is who makes great bikes and can ship them, big difference.

A custom Felt with a rear tank? If you were local no problem, this just went out the door this week for around $1500.

Felt MP bicycle with 12G spokes and 3-speed Nexus rear hub, front hub and rear C-brakes (best I could do to keep the look).
2011 66cc Grubee Skyhawk 2-stroke with SBP Expansion Chamber, front mount, dual pull brake lever and shift kit, plus a Coyote Tanks custom mounted gas tank and of course all the color matching paint and performance re-wiring and detailed cabling and safety and test checks I always do.

It is a big bulky heavy bike yet it will putt around at under 10MPH or push 40MPH in short order on the road with the gears and performance mods and it's far from my first build like this, just the latest customer build.

My point is really good builds get put together and test rode a lot to make sure they have been adjusted and are right before pick-up, especially on shifters, and simply never end up as good if they have to be broke down and packed for shipping.

Now if you want to arrange and pay for some moving company to come crate up and deliver a build for you I can do that, but like all the other 'Best Builders' here I would think they feel the same way, once it's built perfect you don't tear it down to try to fit in a cardboard box and ship it for re-assembly.

Anthemavm, If you are game for arranging and paying for a 'competed bike' pick up by delivery people that will wood crate pack a complete bike then by all means drop me an E-mail as high end cool bikes are my forte, I just don't want to dick with packing and shipping ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I would like to see that with a 79cc or 99cc with a shifter kit... That would be the shizit
The bike would sure hold a big 4-stroke but it would need better brakes. I really wanted to put front and rear discs on that bike but the customer wanted it to look like a M.A.S.H. era bike so that's what he got.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
tough question.....I love the looks of the Phoenix bike works frames though. and that tank is outright art!

obesepolice

Apr 5, 2012
irving, texas
My bike is my personal favorite because i built it. I took the time to learn and gain a knowledgeable prospective on a new skill set. Brought some of my vision to life. granted this is my first build.