Will pay up to $100 for 50cc china motor

GoldenMotor.com

rudyauction509

May 8, 2012
Spokane, WA
I am looking for a broken in 50cc china motor,, just the motor, and a stock muffler if possible to replace a seized motor and broken muffler on my kit. I prefer needle bearing motors, because the bearings in my old motor are fine. I can pay up to $100 by paypal, extra 20 for muffler, depending on quality. 2000 miles or less, please, I don't want an old breaking down motor that will last a day. I have gear and clutch parts from my old motor. Thanks.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I know it's probably not what you want, but I have a NEW unrun 50cc engine I will sell you for less than 100 dollars, especially if you just want the engine and exhaust. Be advised that these are not the shiny chrome mufflers, but the plain metal finish.

Make me an offer I can't refuse for just the engine, and pipe. I'll ship it out today.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I also have an "80" cc- used, run for a few thousand miles then pulled off the broken frame with a pipe for the same price, no guarantee though.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It's an old "Red Tag" flat head. One of the very early engines that came with a funky muffler, a five hole 48T sprocket and of the three that I have they range between 43 and 47CC's

That's all I can tell you. Except they were manufactured in China somewhere before 2007.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Would that be with or without shipping? Not sure how much it will be to ship it to Spokane....but I will figure that out shortly.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
It would also be no guarantee as I have had these for a couple years, in dry storage, but they had no warranty when I got them.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
BTW- that would be just the engine, with muffler, no carb/intake manifold, CDI ect. Just to be clear.

And they have the old style small tube mount.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If any of this makes you uneasy in any way, I would suggest you pass, as I do not want you to buy it and be disappointed or upset. You may be better off getting a direct replacement from the original seller of your kit.

I won't be upset if you don't buy this engine.

rudyauction509

May 8, 2012
Spokane, WA
sorry I was walking the dogs, could you send me some pics of the mount and where the carb intake bolts on, also, are all of the studs in the same place so I can just use my other motor's mounts and intake?

rudyauction509

May 8, 2012
Spokane, WA
That would be nice, could you also do a quick overall check on it? And is it a bearing or bushing motor? I'm also having good luck so far getting a replacement from BGF.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Yes, not the best finish. Maybe paint it black or polish it. The red tag says YD88cm 3. Also 9.9 then something in Chinese.

Not sure what that means, the rest is in Chinese.

Last edited: