New problems please help

GoldenMotor.com

fraser

Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver
My zoombicycles 2 stroke 66cc engine kit was recently installed. Has been running good up until yesterday. I do not have the pull start add on. When I start up the bike everything sounds good for about 2 seconds and then no matter how much throttle I give it nothing happens. This would seem to be the throttle cable but when it starts there is a moment where it seems to run fine with the clutch disengaged but there is no power to the drive. Could there be something wrong with the clutch?

fraser

Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver
Did a bit more reading sounds like maybe the spark plug could be clogging up with the fuel mixture the book recommended. Checked the plug sure enough totally black

Could this be my problem??

Thanks

fraser

Feb 11, 2012
Vancouver
Started it up same problem. This time I paid more attention applying throttle not much of a change in revs and it seemed like the drive was connecting on and off giving me a jerking motion every 2-3 seconds it kinda seems like the clutch isn't doing it's job

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
I think your clutch is fine. It's either engaged, disengaged, or slipping. It wouldn't randomly jerk you. Don't use a 16:1 oil ratio. 24:1 is for break in, 32:1 is after. If you're using the stock spark plug then you more than likely need to replace that too. With an NGK plug.

Rocky_Motor

Nov 14, 2011
Fort Collins & Boulder
Find the label on your spark plug. Mine was Z4C I looked that up and found a chart that listed spark plugs with the exact same reach and size. That way I knew I was getting a plug that won't destroy my piston but much higher quality. I think there's a thread about it here somewhere recommending certain plugs.. I can't find it though.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
As Rocky said, the china plug is junk.
Put in a ngk b6es. maybe it's b6hs. I forget...

You should at least do that, but your problem is probably the carb in need of adjustment.

and yes, somewhere around 40-50:1, with any currently manufactured oil is where you should be at.

You'll need to re-jet the carb and adjust the needle position, too. lol

that's just the way it is! lol

Best
rc

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ok sounds good do you know the NGK spark plug model number that goes along with this engine?
Thanks
The most used plug is the B6HS by NGK. You can go hotter one range with the B5, or one range cooler with the B7 but the B6 seems to be the best all-round plug.

By the way, your fuel to oil ratio should be no less than 32:1 unless you're using a synthetic or a semi-synthetic in which case you should follow the oil manufacturer's recommendations. 32:1 seems to perform well for most applications where the oil is a good quality 2 stroke oil formulated for air cooled engines.

Tom