All cleaned up and ready for the sale

GoldenMotor.com

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
First of all many thanks to those who used your time to help me I.D my bike this week. It was after KilroyCDs post in the other thread that I found out what a find I had found( a 1943 Columbia military bicycle ) . after searching some links through his post I was able to contact the Military Vehicle Preservation Association (which happened to be in my home town )who put me in contact with a nice man from Boulder Colorado.It turns out this bike was used at the B=25 factory here, and then probably sent to one of the local bases for use after the war for use on the flight line . These are very rare indeed. The non matching fenders is not that uncommon for this bike as well as the sprockets. They where all (Columbia and Huffman) built with interchangeable parts, so a mix and match is common. So this bike will be going up for sale to one of the members of the MVPA so that it can be displayed as it should, Not hiding in my garage. So here she is all cleaned up and ready to be restored by someone who will make it what it should be.
And a pic of where she worked .flg. Wings and Wheels

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Last edited:

skjjoe

Mar 9, 2009
Boerne Texas
Going to the national archives tomorrow :) They have the records from the the war assets admin. disposal of real property from the plant. Sure would be nice to see this bike in there.I have gotten into the history of this thing...I have a sale pending but have not gotten an affirmative on it.