Chat room above

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just thinking out loud here. But have been thinking we should, as a group, adopt ways of communicating in chat. Like "BRB" or "AFK" =Be Right Back & Away from keyboard, for when we won't be there to respond to something or say hello.

Any other ideas? I've noticed new folks some times only visit once after no one says Hi or responds to a question. I seldom get a chance to just hang out and am often to late to help.

With so many new folks, I worry we might seem unfriendly.

Any & all thoughts on the chat room are greatly appreciated.

r.ly.

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
My generation doesn't do a lot of chat boxing. I would jump into the box more if I new the rules and basic customs better.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What would help is if the Chat link didn't say Full all the time, but showed a number for how many people are in it.

Commander Billypool

Nov 30, 2014
Citrus Springs Fl.
Chat needs a precise time setting for those who would be interested in it, I've had a few minuets from time to time but there's never any reply if hours provided time set a few replies are possible ....

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
My generation doesn't do a lot of chat boxing. I would jump into the box more if I new the rules and basic customs better.
Just what I was wondering, WB. TY!

The rules thing is just the regular 'ol "be decent to other people" stuff. Your awesome at that and I for one thank ya fer that.

On customs, it is just us and just conversation. Just chit/chat and meant as a sort of place to converse with other folks like in a coffee shop or at a barbecue like deal. So, there is no custom one could fail. Just a play nice and have a good time. Same exact thing as the forum but in real time.
Meaning when you answer or say something, they can respond immediately.

Really is pleasant to sit and "chat" or BS with you folks. Beats TV and golf! ("BS" ya know, bike stuff, snork)

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
What would help is if the Chat link didn't say Full all the time, but showed a number for how many people are in it.
Not following, KC. A link on a cell/tablet?

Chat needs a precise time setting for those who would be interested in it, I've had a few minuets from time to time but there's never any reply if hours provided time set a few replies are possible ....
Lost me too, Billy.

Would like it more if people said they were not there any more or said Be Back Later or away from key board. That sort of stuff.

I always feel silly saying hello to some one and they have left.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Not following, KC. A link on a cell/tablet?
No, this web sites ChatBox link, it reads 'ChatBox Full' all the time.
If the link was simply ChatBox and a click opened it, but right after it where it says Full it said how many people were actually in.

I did something similar on my game sites but it had the users names that were in which could get really long when people seen there somebody in there.
Just a number from 0 to the count might prompt me to pop in.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
No, this web sites ChatBox link, it reads 'ChatBox Full' all the time.
If the link was simply ChatBox and a click opened it, but right after it where it says Full it said how many people were actually in.

I did something similar on my game sites but it had the users names that were in which could get really long when people seen there somebody in there.
Just a number from 0 to the count might prompt me to pop in.
What you're referring to is the option to make the chat box 'full screen' and not just a small area at the top of the page. Click on 'Chat Box Full', you'll see what I mean.

Tom

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What you're referring to is the option to make the chat box 'full screen' and not just a small area at the top of the page. Click on 'Chat Box Full', you'll see what I mean.

Tom
That is exactly what I am using and been in here for 1/2 hour and still in using another browser screen on a different monitor.