Paypal dispute with BOYGOFAST

GoldenMotor.com

jdubbya

Jul 15, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Has anybody had to file a paypal dispute with this guy over his chinese engines? I was shipped one with a bad magneto, and a bent crank. Im done messing with his chinese junk and filed a paypal dispute, has anybody had to do this with him? Wondering what my chances are.

I had to pay shipping to replace a junk magneto that came with the motor, i acually got it to run with the old magneto, but after 10 minutes of running, it died and i look, the magnet, clutch part is wobbling back and forth, so im assuming the crank is f'd.

Dont buy from this guy, seriously, unless you like having to take things up with paypal. I dont feel it should be up to me to pay 3 times to ship chinese junk back and forth to him because he sends out faulty products. Im ready to have my 150 bucks back.

happyvalley

Jul 24, 2008
upper Pioneer Valley
Good luck getting satisfaction, you're not the first to complain for sure. From what I've heard the guy hates negative publicity so post away with feedback accordingly but heard also has a very thick skin on refunds so let us know what happens.

donutguy

Feb 4, 2010
PA
I've disputed PayPal purchases in the past, luckily for you (the buyer) most of the time PayPal sides with the buyer as long as you have the proper documentation and your story is believable.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
jdubbya

Been buying from BGF for 1 1/2 years now, several engines and many other parts, never one single issue, always get what I order, always get it quick, always get parts that are in good working condition and he has even sent me some extra stuff for free a couple times.

When it comes to these chinese engine and parts, one can get a bad engine or bad parts from any vendor, now that said..... many on here will agree with what I just said and also add that they recommend buying from reputable vendors like some that are advertised here on the forum for the very reason you are having.

I personally have bought from several of the forum vendors without any issues and like I said many times from BGF without any issues.

Hope it all works out for ya and things are made right for ya, but remember these are very cheap made engines and parts so it really isnt that uncommon to have an issue with something about them, I've been very fortunate and have only had one engine bite the dust on me after 470 miles, and another one I ran too lean and burned up because of my ignorance of these engines at the time, but the first engine I got from BGF has over 1200 miles on it now and it still runs like a new engine, never had a minutes trouble out of it.

Best wishes.......Peace

.wee.

jdubbya

Jul 15, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Ive read up on him around here, it seems like if all is well, people like him just fine, but if you have problems with his parts, you are screwed, or paying him to ship you replacement parts.

My thoughts are, he sent me a bad engine, he should foot the bill for shipping parts back and forth. The magneto, yea, its 7 bucks, but there is no way im paying 30 to ship him this engine, and 30 to ship the new one. He shipped me crap, he should make it right. At this point im pretty done messing with junk, and just want as much of my money back as possible.

If he hates negative publicity, that could work in my favor, i run a scooter forum of 3200 people.

Greybeard

Feb 8, 2011
Sequim WA
It's always a peesir when we get bad parts. Taking them back to a store, or sending them back for exchange will ruin anybodys mood. I've never bought from BGF, but I went to E-bay and looked at his page. It's up front about defective equipment. Exchange. He doesn't make the product. It doesn't repackage it. He probably can't get any warrentee from who he buys from without the defective part. I know the car dealers don't get anything for the parts they replace on warrentee without the bad part being either saved for inspection, or sent somewhere. It's spelled out on his site what your responsibilities are, and that you pay for shipping.
I just bought some expensive MTB forks. Advertised as "like new" and with three poor pics I couldn't see that they looked like they's been thrown off the North side of Hurricane ridge. I wish I could get an exchange. If I were a judge on this jury I'd say he has to refuse to honor the exchange for you to have a case

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Yeah I know what ya mean about the return shipping cost and such, it really does stink, but in this economy we are in right now it's all about gain for most vendors and they tend to run from anything that they know will be a loss for them, BGF does spell out on his site what his policies are butat the same time, It would be nice if in a case like yours he would just take a small hit and make it right with you......

Sorry to hear of your troubles and I hope that you are able to get things lined out, if it doesn't work the way you wish just chaulk it up like many of us have, smile real big and then move forward into the next big part of the MB adventure most of us enjoy knowing we have to take the bitter with the sweet and just keep on plugging along with this great hobby we enjoy so much........

Good luck and best wishes......

Peace, Shan

Ive read up on him around here, it seems like if all is well, people like him just fine, but if you have problems with his parts, you are screwed, or paying him to ship you replacement parts.

My thoughts are, he sent me a bad engine, he should foot the bill for shipping parts back and forth. The magneto, yea, its 7 bucks, but there is no way im paying 30 to ship him this engine, and 30 to ship the new one. He shipped me crap, he should make it right. At this point im pretty done messing with junk, and just want as much of my money back as possible.

If he hates negative publicity, that could work in my favor, i run a scooter forum of 3200 people.

Last edited:

jdubbya

Jul 15, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Yeah, well see what comes of it. Im not sure how his policies will stand up to a paypal dispute, but if i get my money back out of him, maybe more people will follow.

He should probably list in his auction right under his return policies that his engines have like a 40% defective ration, cause that seems to be the case from what ive read. Cheap parts and needs refurbishing right out of the box.

Im curious to see what paypal says, should be hearing back soon.

jdubbya

Jul 15, 2011
Port Angeles, WA
Very good news, and good news for anybody with problems with items purchased from MR Gofast. Paypal dispute is sided in my favor, so i have to ship the engine back to him with tracking info (they gave me 10 dollar coupon to cover this) and Ill get a full refund including my origional shipping 179 bucks.

I was skeptical, looking at his auction terms of NO REFUNDS, YOURE SCREWED!! But paypal and ebay see things differently. Helps that ive been an ebay member for 7 years with 100% positive feedback.

Mr Gofast, stop selling junk and passing the problems and costs associated with your problem parts on to your customers....

I know others have had good dealings with him, but like everybody says, he's ok UNLESS YOU GET A LEMON.