Police Hypocrisy...............

GoldenMotor.com

Albula vulpes

Mar 16, 2010
FL
Woe, you teachers of the law..........................................................

Was rolling down the sidewalk yesterday on the MB. A nice little stroll/putting along in the morning. You know how the roads have the painted lines across the roads for pedestrians/bicyclist that are continuous paths of the sidewalk? And they then have the stop sign and a stop sign line painted about 15/20 ft. behind this path. Well lots of people, including this police officer rolled right thru the stop sign, didn't stop where he should have stopped, and then only probably stopped right in the middle of these painted sidewalk lines because he could not make a right turn due to on-coming traffic.

So this made him in the way, because of his failure to stop where he should have. I had a drink in my hand so careful navigation was in order to go around his ass. I dare not go in front of him..............who knows what he might be on if he is a teacher/enforcer of the law, but not practicing what he is preaching. So I rolled behind him for my own safety, but the other side of the sidewalk lip caught my tire, and I went down. Scraped up my knuckles, and scraped up my bike.

The police officer drove off after rejecting his wrong/guilty feelings.

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Hmmm, guess you know not to ride with a drink in your hand now. Glad you didn't get hurt though. Did the cop see you take a spill? If he did he needed the finger thrown at him.

Terry

edangel

Sep 7, 2010
seveirville tn
but if u dont people dont care about us i know here in tenn they are post to stay to ur left at 3 feet but ur roads dont have 3 feet and cars dont move and they hurt when u hit tham it be diffent if we had a bike line like fla dose

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
hmm yeah some cops and having a little bit of power, its a shame really it gets to there head so bad. Makes me wonder if they were bullied at school or something maybe even had/have no friends its like there out on some sort of revenge path, pity really.
But in saying this its not just the cops who can be guilty for this...

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I have a lot of respect for the order the police help keep in our society. I mean when I think of it out of all the hoodlums they have to put up with. When I run into them they might just be having a bad day lol. I give all the courtesy I can. That has always worked for me really well too...
In the end they are the law and have to represent that. I have a lot of respect for that and no ''nobody'' is ever perfect and never will be so I don't spend all my time judging..:)

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
wow didnt think i would see a topic like this one. cops think that they are law holders but thats wrong. they are public servants. serve and protect. but alot of the ones i encounter think they have more power than me but they dont. they are my servant. always ask questions and never consent. watch the cop watchers or anti terrorist on youtube. they have so much knowledge its un real. and always remember cops are corrupt. not all cops. just cops in general......when a cop apporachs a person they have to think about all the criminals out there and assume that any person could be a criminal. but thats the wrong way to meet people imo. and they have guns and handcuffs. wow and they try to take those from the people but every cop i saw has a gun. why is this? if they have the right to protect themselfs why cant i protect myself? its unjust and i just happen to be part of society so i am too affected by this weird world. pz and thanks everyone

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
cop is not the law nor an enforcer of laws. he is a public servant. i swear. look it up he has to serve and protect the citizens. but alot of cops forget about the oath the swore to when the were training. the sign a oath to protect us and all our rights. but they forget. not all cops but cops in general. if one is corrupt that gives possibility for another one to be. thats why i always carrry a camera and recording device. so its no longer his word vs mine. its everyones word word for word. he couldnt lie if i had proof right?

free thinking is the new black

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
and its the peoples fault for allowing this to continue. we have more power than you think. just think if we wernt here cops wouldnt have a job. and btw we tax payers pay for police not their captain. its the people that pay for corrupt cops the people

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I have a lot of respect for the order the police help keep in our society. I mean when I think of it out of all the hoodlums they have to put up with. When I run into them they might just be having a bad day lol. I give all the courtesy I can. That has always worked for me really well too...
In the end they are the law and have to represent that. I have a lot of respect for that and no ''nobody'' is ever perfect and never will be so I don't spend all my time judging..:)
well said GH i agree and I act the same way after all if your not courteous when they are having a bad day SOME police will pin you for what ever they can its that lttle kick they get out of it that is the problem for me though.
Maybe you dont get them where you live but here we actually some get cops in some areas that are known a--holes and its best just to stay out of there way and try not to give them an excuse.

Last edited:

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
To kinda be on topic for a sec, the guy riding on the sidewalk with the motor running was doing something illegal according to Florida statutes...

Although two wrongs don't make a right.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
To kinda be on topic for a sec, the guy riding on the sidewalk with the motor running was doing something illegal according to Florida statutes...

Although two wrongs don't make a right.
gr8 observation bud... the thread did detour a tad.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
In saying all this the cops in Aus. havent even looked twice at me on the bike.
There is so many of us on the road now its like they have bigger fish to fry.
They really just dont seem to care....at all. :)

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
gr8 observation bud... the thread did detour a tad.
Don't know about the OPs habits of riding, but every single person, I've seen riding an electric or gas powered bicycle, has no clue how to ride properly, safely or legally..
Just yesterday I saw a guy on a gas bike almost hit two people because he thought HE owned the sidewalk..
Just about once a day, I see guys riding against traffic, or through red lights, or riding on the sidewalk via motor power at high rates of speed.

Not to mention the cars and busses that think they own the bicycle lane, or think they have the right of way in every situation..

After a few months of dealing with the cops in my county, I finally got most of them to realize my electric bike was NOT a motor vehicle and I could ride it on the bike lane. (I DON'T ride it on the sidewalk, UNLESS I'm pedaling)

I don't understand why people just can't follow the rules..
It's simple AND safer!
My point was, if you're following the rules, you can never have problems as long as you're aware of your surroundings and treat riding hour bike as if you were invisible.

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Laws were made for a reason and somebody has to enforce them. Its human nature to go against the grain.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
nobody could argue with any of that its just common sense like sangesf said be invisible dont stand out and police tend to leave leave you alone like I said in my last post they have bigger fish to fry rather than worry about some goose thrashing down a walkway.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I didn't say be invisible, I said ride as if no one can see you... I've always ridden like that and almost never get into a bad situation.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
watever mate... I cant be bothered arguing about something when we are basically saying the same thing.