Might have dropped head bolt in crankcase need help!!

GoldenMotor.com

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Can't find a mechanic in Omaha NE that works on these things! Was putting cylinder on piston I think a head bolt but fell in crankcase! What's the odds of that? The back wheel stuck and only moves when I force it! I shook bike upside down nothing! Need help thanks

Chaz

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver, British Columbia
I'm guessing you mean a head nut, rather than the bolt. And I'm sure you've learned now to put a rag over the open case until all the bits are in their place and ready to re-assemble.

Anyway, give us a detailed description of what's happening. For example trying to rotate the engine with the plug in or out, the clutch engaged or disengaged etc.

Yes, it would be great if there were someone local to you to help out. Check your local craigslist to see if someone is selling kits or completed bikes.

with any luck there is nothing major wrong.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I was thinking if no extra parts were necessary to assemble and the head has all the hardware on it, you would think then there is no nut inside?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
can't start motor till you're sure it's clear - metal in bottom end will almost instantly turn whole motor into unrepairable trash

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
Also agree if in doubt check. The engine if you have never had it running before, and it is new, its suspect for poor workmanship and parts loose inside anyway. Check!

My Briggs however I had the guy that sold it used on the edger test run it for me before I handed cash.

MT

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
Yeah it was but not a bolt only reason I think it fell in there is because after I put cylinder on piston the back wheel sticks with clutch not in!

daveet6666

Nov 3, 2015
Omaha ne
OK I can't see the nut so It must not have dropped but I don't understand why my back wheel suddenly stuck!its free with clutch in though! I'm a newbie is that the way it supposed to be?

Last edited: