Wobbly back tire

GoldenMotor.com

bikenoobie

Mar 25, 2009
sheboygan falls WI
I just put a 80cc kit on and after about an hour of run time and my back tire started wobbling like crazy. Now it is soo bad i can't even ride it because the back tire rubs on the frame. Please help.:-||

Zev0

May 18, 2009
Rio Grand Valley
If the rear is a coaster brake, it probably needs to be packed with grease. If not, perhaps you need to set it straight in the dropouts and tighten her up real good.

the_edge150

Dealer
Aug 21, 2008
Monrovia,CA
i have/had the same problem, just tighten the nuts on the axle. that will do for a quick fix. when i used to drift with coaster brake cruisers, that would happen all the time

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
your wheel needs to be straight before you tighten the bolts,then go from one side and tighten a little then the other and go back and forth from one side to the other.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I just put a 80cc kit on and after about an hour of run time and my back tire started wobbling like crazy. Now it is soo bad i can't even ride it because the back tire rubs on the frame. Please help.:-||
Is it loose at the bearings like a few have suggested? You need to grease the bearings with some wheel bearing grease (automotive) and then tighten the cones until there is -0- freeplay, but no binding or tightness to the wheel when spinning it (no chains attached).

Or do you mean the wheel has developed a side to side wobble due to the rim being warped?
If that is the case, then you need to remove the sprocket at the very least and get the while close to true, then re-attach the sprocket and finish truing it up.

toytime

Mar 20, 2008
Ontario
I'm not sure if belts break on bike tires but it happens on cars making it almost impossible to drive. (The tire looks like a banana) I'd have a look at my spokes if I was you.

bikenoobie

Mar 25, 2009
sheboygan falls WI
yes my rim was bent i just bought an aluminum alloy one, how it bent was when i was adjusting the idle the rpm went way up and i accidently let go of the clutch, twisting the spokes, but it,s fixed nowdance1