Part Hunter 101

GoldenMotor.com

SBbiker

Dec 23, 2008
Califorinia
Hello fellow motor heads, Happy Christmas Eve. I hope this thread finds you in warm holiday spirits. For those of you who don't know me or my build, I'm in the mist of my first bike, transferring a china 48cc from a mountain bike to a single gear beach cruiser. Because I bought my kit used I have been forced to find, make, and extend the lifespan of many of my parts. The engine is in great condition however, I'm missing a CDI (my biggest problem!), the spark plug cable that attaches to the CDI, a 415 chain, and a V pull brake (because I have converted a cruiser and removed the "coasting/back peddle brake" for the sprocket (the least of my problems)). In researching for parts I found a industrial supplier, Graigner Inc. which may or may not carry the 415 chain and CDI assembly. Similarly, right near my house is a store Lawn Mowers Plus which I was told could also carry the 415 chain but more importantly the CDI and spark plug cable. Luckily, both of these establishments are open tomorrow (on Christmas eve... honestly who buys a lawnmower on Christmas eve lol laff). Before I go all across town, is there anywhere not-online that may carry these parts? I've tried all the auto stores and motocycle shops (no single spark plug cables or useful parts either) near me and they all said the CDI is something I'd have to find on the internet. Is this true? Does anyone have any suggestions before I go part hunting? Anything extra I should ask for before I go? Thanks in advance and I look forward to your replies!

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
Grady at Thats Dax, a sponsor, can fix you right up with all the parts you need, look for his ad in column on left of page. Walter F.

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Yeah, you're not going to find the CDI anywhere except from someone who sells these motors. Thatsdax has what you need.

The plug wire you can get an any auto parts store. Any decent 7mm wire will do (8mm works too, but is a tight fit - have to shave some insulation off).

If you have a tractor supply type of place, you can probably find the chain 415 or #41 work.