which manicmechanic sprocket adapter is for me?

GoldenMotor.com

obadboystanley

Sep 4, 2012
NYC
I'm thinking about getting a manic mechanic sprocket adapter. I have the shimano cb-e110
hub. In their website they offer a large one or a small one. What's the difference? And which one is more suitable for my hub.
Here's the link to the product.
http://mmbikeparts.com/sprocket_adapter.htm
another thing will it be compatible withthe chain that comes with the kit?
Thanks in advance.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
The MM sprockets only fit a super large #41 chain... :(
There are many other companies that make much better products. (Just search through the ads on both sides of theis page). :)

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I'm thinking about getting a manic mechanic sprocket adapter. I have the shimano cb-e110
hub. In their website they offer a large one or a small one. What's the difference? And which one is more suitable for my hub.
Here's the link to the product.
http://mmbikeparts.com/sprocket_adapter.htm
another thing will it be compatible withthe chain that comes with the kit?
Thanks in advance.
Which chain did your kit come with? what kit?
415 or 410 bicycle chain.

The large adapter is for wheels that have larger sized spokes
which moves the 3 sprocket holes further out to clear.

The MM sprockets come with both hole sizes on them for the
large and small adapter.

I suggest that you call and talk to George as he said the MM
sprockets do fit the 415 kit chain.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
i called today, but no answer.
My kit is a flying horse kit.
415 chain.
Thanks for clearing up the size question.
So i guess it doesnt really matter if you get the big one or small one. I dont plan on getting larger sized spokes.
the large sprocket adapters are on a 3-5/8" bolt circle.

The small sprocket adapters are on a 3-1/8" bolt circle.

If your wheel has 11 or 12 ga. Spokes, you will need to order the large bolt circle adapter.

26" bikes with standard 36 spokes per wheel can use the small or large adapter

29" bikes with 48 spokes per wheel requires the large adapter.

Last edited:

obadboystanley

Sep 4, 2012
NYC
Thanks I placed the order I went with the large one. They had some on ebay but I ordered from the mm site. also in the description it stated that it was compatible with the 415 chain. Ill post an updated once it gets here and its installed.
Thanks for the quick replies.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
The MM sprockets only fit a super large #41 chain... :(
There are many other companies that make much better products. (Just search through the ads on both sides of theis page). :)
Are you sure about that, because mine fits a 415 chain I bought from Pirate, and it's a lot smaller (less wide) than any of the stock size chains I've seen.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Correct... MM doesn't make Pirate parts.

There have been many posts over the years from MM customers who said they had problems with MM sprockets not working with #415 chains. MM himself even posted here (before he was banned) that they were made for use with #41 chains.

Can someone who actually bought one recently varify that genuine 'MM' sprockets now fit #415 chains?

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
pirate's sprockets haven't been made by MM for quite some time !!!
there was even litigation going on over it :(
Correct... MM doesn't make Pirate parts.

There have been many posts over the years from MM customers who said they had problems with MM sprockets not working with #415 chains. MM himself even posted here (before he was banned) that they were made for use with #41 chains.

Can someone who actually bought one recently varify that genuine 'MM' sprockets now fit #415 chains?
Well mine is 2 years old. I'm pretty sure it's an original MM.

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi All,

While, I can't verify the what chain size the original MM sprockets fit, I can say that our Super Sprockets for the MM hub adapters will fit the 415 chian and will also work w/ BMX type chain as well.

Hope this helps.

Andrew

obadboystanley

Sep 4, 2012
NYC
I installed the MM sprocket adapter and the 415 chain that came with the kit did fit. Im really pleased with the quality of the MM adapter, I hope it works as nice as it looks when Im done with the build. It beats the **** out of the rags. I guess we can apply the term "from rags to riches" :). Thanks for all your answers.