Thinkin' about this:

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Community Day at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway is the one day of the year when civilians, ordinary drivers like you and me, can enter and cruise around the track (albeit at no more than a sedate 25 miles-per-hour) in their own vehicle. For $8 in advance or $10 at the gate, of course.

It falls on Wednesday of May 23rd this year. Quite a few people still don't know that the speedway began as a motorcycle race track first, and automobiles followed very soon thereafter. I was thinking (if my new tank is finished in time) of riding to the track on Community Day on my vintage-looking motorbike, as a sort of tribute to the track's distant history and heritage.

Better get to work on my tank. And hope I can get that day off. This could be fun. Wish me luck.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
So far so good. New aluminum tank has been sealed/lined. And $10 admission set aside. And the boss will let me have the day off if I want it.

Still have to leak-test, sand, prime, paint, and install the tank. But it's looking like I have the time as long as I keep at it.