GoldenMotor.com

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN

Male

Married (15 years)

4 kids (boy 11, girl 8, girl 5, boy 3)

Attorney ( 10 years)

Own my first house on a small lot and just bought 2 acres to buld on in the country

1 motor bike (HoughMade Cycle Works '71)

MrLarkins

HS Math Teacher
Jun 17, 2008
Arkansas
41 SWM Presently working in Web Design/Development eCommerce. Started out in Industrial Design and went thru Business School for marketing and management. Have worked with mechancial and structrural devices most of my life. Have extensive experience with bicycles and motorcycles.

Live on the Ohio River in a beautiful yet isolated area.

I lurk and post here and on a few other boards to research and lean so I can better create a motorized bike that will serve my needs and possibly others will see it's benefits & function.

See, "Evolution of a thought" in Tavern

I have a converted 10 speed 27" bike that's now an upright 5 speed touring bike with a Tanaka (Sears Free Spirit) front mounted friction drive 2 cycle motor.
is your avatar really a pic of you?

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
It's a graphical likeness MrLarkins. I was playing with a software demo of a company that creates these TV commercials where posterized animations are used in place of real actors. I'm sure you've seen them on TV. I hit the print screen key just above the back space key to copy it to the clip board and then used a screenshot utility to save it from there. The rest was done in a graphic editor where I layered the white checkerboard background behind it.

I made an avatar for a girl I know on another board with it later. All her friends think it looks so much like her.

Here's an ol' photo I have up in one of my many web sites. It's from back in
my steelworker days a few years ago.

As you can see between my two images the station point and eyelevel are different, and the graphic is more of a portrait where the photo is a 3/4 view. When the graphic is reduced to post as an avatar it looses alot of definition. Then as I said it's a likeness I was trying for with that software.

lennyharp

Jul 19, 2008
Mesa Arizona
I am a 56 year old male from California who has traveled some.

Married 32 years with 4 children and 3 grand children and they all are the best for me.

I was a Medic in the Army for 3 years and currently am with a major security company.

I worked for 15 years in Bike shops in Mesa and Tempe and would consider going back to that as I love it.

I started bicycle commuting in 1973 when I could not get gas in Los Angeles, and guesstimate I have well over 100,000 miles of racing, training, fun and commuting miles by bicycle.

I started motorizing and riding bikes this year and just finished my 3rd bike a Sick Bike Parts shift kit mountain bike with a HT 80, that measures about 47cc. I think I need a motor any more to get far on a bike like I am used to doing.

stude13

May 28, 2008
north bend wa.
65yr s/m. one lovely alaskan daughter, if you would like to hear an artist, google melissa mitchell, free downloads. i worked heavy trucks on ice roads and out on the beaufort sea, north slope ak, for 40yrs. on my 5th mb, a pusher, next an occ chopper 47cc w/cvt. headed for bonneville with augi this week. life is good.

MarcPhotoMan

May 21, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Male 44 photographer and web designer working in commerce,
2 kids both boys 12 and 10
in love with my wife for more than 2 decades
I consider myself lucky in terms of my home life!

Oh Yeah , I almost forgot this part!!!

1 motorized bike 1 reg bike fully functional 4 in pieces, learned to drive in an ice racer at the age of 14

Last edited:

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
30 years old. Supervisor for home depot pro services. I have A girlfriend that rocks and she also has a motorized bike "spookytooth bare bones chopper with an 80cc" and i have a Murdered out black beach cruiser with a spookytooth 80cc.

skullygrrl

Jun 25, 2008
Beautiful Bend Oregon
27 year old bank-ist with a BA in Fine Arts....how I ended up in the 'Corporate Realm' I have no idea. "Rockin' girlfriend" of Big Boss Hoss...cruisin' on a black Spooky Tooth bare bones chopper with red rims and red sparkle grips :) 80cc engine: This Chick is ADDICTED! Livin' in Beautiful Bend Oregon. Shreddin' the slopes on my board in the snow, shreddin' the pavement on my bike in the sun. Who could ask for more???

saetta

Jul 29, 2008
Central Missouri
47 years old, married w/children, work in the service and inventory side of a office equipment company. I have collected and performed restoritive work on many bikes of the 70s and 80s. The bike I motorized is a new 26" Pacific cruiser with changes to the front fork and handlebars. 49cc kit from China and a 44T Sprocket that will do 25-30 MPH. This bike is my transpo to work daily since June 08 and is dependable as well as enjoyable.

gerichardson

Jul 20, 2008
Salisbury, MD
Age 51, male, pharmacist, sailor (amateur mechanical engineer and philosopher) and have 1 build that I am constantly updating. I love to tinker with things.

My wife and I ride pedal bicycles and have just recently discovered the Chinese engines. She has a motorcycle and I ride on the back with her sometimes (called riding in bit*h position). I don't have a motorcycle license.

Working on my motor bike has been the greatest fun I have had in a long time.

Jun 25, 2008
23, Male, Full Time MB Builder!

Got one bike of my own that regularly morphs! Currently got a HT 60 on a cruiser frame with pink forks!(soon to be changed to yellow suspension) Have built nigh on 150 odd MB's and have just successfully run mine on pure methanol and peanut oil!

Got into MB's after i lost my drivers license when i suffered a double heamorraghe. Lost my job so built one of these bikes which then became a business!

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
39, male, married 8 years w/ 2 kids (5 & 3), Union Ironworker Local 433, MB Builder.

I'm a old skool punk rock Venice head, into anything loud & fast on wheels... Old Volkswagens, Chevys, Lowriders, Harleys, 1/8th scale on-road R/C nitro car racing, old Schwinns, Guitars, & now motor bicycles!

I forgot to metion, I've built 20+ motorbikes &... I LOVE "living dead" girls! ;)

Last edited:

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
We will be a combined 57 years old thus year.:) We are expecting our fist baby this Feb. I'm a corporate slave but I like who I slave with. I have a BGF 80cc on a Schwinn beach cruiser and have been riding it for 2 months.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
I'll be 62. In December I'll quit work, collect SS and return to college to earn degrees in Human Services.

Married for 34 years, kids are 32,29 and 26, no grandkids yet. retired from Verizon after 32 years. Working w/Child Welfare for 4 years as a child transporter.

I owned a Raleigh "Girlie" bike with 72vdc e-motor, which got converted to 2.2hp Mits/friction drive, then restored to normal and given away. Then a 20" Dahon with 1.6 hp Subaru/friction drive, then 2.2hp Mits 43cc chain drive. Then got restored to normal and given away before I killed themself.

Now I ride a dual-engined Raleigh 7-speed called "Mr. Hyde". It has twin 43cc Mitsubishi engines. Too much rolling resistance, so I need to modify the front friction drive to lift off the tire at will. The rear friction drive to be replaced by Staton gear chain drive for zero drag at top speed.

My wife limits me to one bike, but I have nine engines.^5

and 3 e-motors.

Motorized bikes are totally therapeutic. I ride my bike to work when I can, and park in a state office building with 200 employees and one other bicycle.

Last edited:

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
Here goes,61 year young male 15 motorcycles and scooters ex p.i. ex cop.3 homes ,cattle ranch,wife is third generation farm owner and does not farm,ceo crossroads bikes and blues ,ceo /owner brown dog vending,avid shooter of auto machine guns.Thinking about getting a job,but not shure yet. HARLEYS DAD