Blue tracker

GoldenMotor.com

Kris Blake

Mar 7, 2011
Riverside, Ca
Hello again Harry76,
I made a boo boo, my Villiers is a 125cc. When Manni (OldSchoolGarage) built Widowmaker he used a 150cc Bridgestone. After I saw that build I got in touch with him and got started immediately.
I havent started a thread due to the pics. They are not too good (cell phone). I am going to take a bunch of pics on Sunday when I go back to his shop for the first time since delivering a box of period correct trinkets and the Villiers motor.

Manni has ordered a clutch and carb. Although my donor bike came with Worksman wheels I went ahead and ordered a new Worksman front wheel with the drum hub. After 2 months they are in stock! Hallelujah!!!! Manni received the 1930's Shelby forks today so Im sure he's working on the front struts. I had previously bought Sportsman Pat's 3 pc. bars in black. I cut fresh chrome bars and will swap out the black.

Once I get pics that are post worthy I will start a thread. Thanks for all your advice on previous posts!

Kris
PS. I took a pic of my next donor bike. Its a 1942 hawthorne with a Columbia tank. :confused: Its in my garage already. Ive had it for a couple of years and it already looks BTR'sh so I'm gonna go full throttle and chop it up and make it pretty! too big to post Im told

Daniel Alcala

May 13, 2011
CA
The seat is a west cost chopper seat pan that i got on ebay then i had Dan from Taylar motorbikes cut and shape it the way i wanted then i just took it to the my local upholstery shop and took some pictures of origional board track seats and had them copy the pictures..

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Daniel, why is your side cover off the motor? Ive seen others do the same thing... if you arent planning on running a side cover, why dont you grind off those tabs? It would look better, im only saying this because this thing is just so beautiful. Also some lightening holes in the rear sprocket IMO would be an improvement, and you would have one of the nicest bikes out there bro... i cant stop staring at it. Im sure you were the same when you got it home.

Also very nice hardtail motorbike you have there... what is it? Id say a triumph but the motor looks a little large to be... is it a jap motor? Whatever it is.... its a beautiful ride

Daniel Alcala

May 13, 2011
CA
I like how it looks with the cover off but when i ride it i put it on because i dont want my jeans to get cought in it.. lol
The two lines you see coming out of the tank are functional, one is the fuel line and the brass one is so the tank can breath. I had to put the line so it can breath because when i first got the bike it use to build up to much pressure and it would start leaking from the gas cap and i didnt wan to change the gas cap.
Im going to change the rims on bike, I have rims with the front hub so i have front breakes but i still need to paint them and I orderd the adapter and sproket for the rear so i should have them on the bike soon.

The motorcycle is a yamaha xs650..

Daniel Alcala

May 13, 2011
CA
I dont know the size of the tires but they are called Electra Vintage Diamond Tire and you can find them on amazon.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
That breather idea is a good idea. NICE!!!!!

The sprocket wil be a big improvement on an already beautiful bike.

Nice XS650 then, i always keep an eye out on EBay for one of them. Not that i can really afford one at the moment. But there is one in my future. Way cheaper then a Harley and most likely a much better bike.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OH BOY! My frame should be in Dan's hands at Taylar Bikes tomarrow :) He's going to build me a torpedo style tank and a oil tank / tool box for my BTR build. Cant wait to see his handy work in person. And 1+ You should sell a seat kit...

tomgndallas

Sep 19, 2010
Dallas, TX
Dan, how are things going? You put many miles on your boardie yet? I have a tire question for you. Are you running those electra tires as well? It looks like your clearance between the down tube and the tire is very tight, also tight in the forks...due you experience any rubbing due to tire expansion? how fast are you running her??