I Got Geists

GoldenMotor.com

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
I have 2 Ezip units, Bike #1 and Bike #2, both 450 watt geared motors, both 24 volts, both have dual battery pack racks. I have 2 battery packs. #1 and #2.

Bike #1 came with BP#1. Bike #2 came with BP#2.

BP#1 works only on the right side of Bike#1 and on both sides of Bike #2.

BP#2 doesn't work on either bike, although it did used to work on Bike #2 when I first got it.

I hook up both packs and tested the connectors into the controller. Both read 25.5 to 26.3 volts. I bit low due to all the testing I've been doing. All the connectors read power as do all the contacts on both of the battery packs.

I checked the contacts and they all line up, as well as cleaned them up to ensure a good contact.

I need both battery packs to work on both sides of both units, or at least consistently on one unit. At best, I can only get ONE pack to do this on one unit. I need both battery packs to work consistently on both sides of both units.

So......just what the dickens is going on????? :-|| I would sure appreciate any ideas at this point.

NormO

Jun 15, 2011
New Brunswick,Canada
Sounds like there is a problem with the main switch. These switches are not the best quality i have ever seen. a small piece of dirt can mess them up horribly. You could try spraying them with contact cleaner. I'd also check the wires coming off the switch for possible shorts. Sorry you mentioned you already did that.

Last edited:

grouchyolfart

May 31, 2008
Wahiawa, Hawai'i
Thanks Norm. I'll get down to the hardware store to see if they have these 3 way switches. I'd just assume swap them out for new ones. If all else fails, I'll just canabalize the 1st bike for spare parts. ;)