NEW GT50R Hi-Po Carb

GoldenMotor.com

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Ok, I am making a new thread because it was getting a little off topic the GT50R Swap n Shop Thread. For those who don't know I have a new carb that duane sent me to test for him. It goes with his new engine but fits the china girl engines perfectly. I am hear to test the theory that it will work on those engines too. This carb is a copy of a Dellorto but it's not a cheap carb. The parts are interchangable with the Dellorto and the casting and quality on the copy are very good. So far, the carb looks great. Now to put it on and test it. Thanks, and I'll answer any questions. :)

Here is the link to pictures:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vistaman73/sets/72157625674989279/

MRJOHN

Oct 31, 2009
usa
Ok, I am making a new thread because it was getting a little off topic the GT50R Swap n Shop Thread. For those who don't know I have a new carb that duane sent me to test for him. It goes with his new engine but fits the china girl engines perfectly. I am hear to test the theory that it will work on those engines too. This carb is a copy of a Dellorto but it's not a cheap carb. The parts are interchangable with the Dellorto and the casting and quality on the copy are very good. So far, the carb looks great. Now to put it on and test it. Thanks, and I'll answer any questions. :)

Here is the link to pictures:

New Carb - a set on Flickr
i have two Mini ATV Pocket Bike Hp Carburetor 47cc 49cc i paid 8.99 for one off ebay i have two links Mini ATV Pocket Bike Hp Carburetor 47cc 49cc Parts - eBay (item 150540161928 end time Jan-27-11 01:18:29 PST)

for the jets http://Mini Moto Pocket Bike Parts HP Carburetor Jets 47 49cc

49cc ATV / Pocket Mini Bike Performance Carburetor Carb - eBay (item 130420560929 end time Feb-09-11 05:33:47 PST)

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Thanks John. I have duane sending me the jets for now, he has all of them and since I'm testing the carb for him, I'll use his jets. I made a video of it running. The plug is well let's just it's running rich. LOL It's dripping black oily wet, all those. Anyway here it is.

YouTube - New Carb on Bike Running

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Bike looks good, carb looks good, engine sounds good too.
Just FYI, you have the in line fuel filter installed backwards.

I am eagerly awaiting your tuning trials!

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
Thanks gearnut! Funny story about the filter. I bought it from SBP and didn't know which way to put it, to me it didn't really matter. Works the same. So then I came across a similar filter with the arrow on it! oh well I had already used it for a while so I couldn't change it back. Thanks for telling me though, I had forgotten about it. LOL I still have a filter in the tank AND another filter in the new carb. I think I'm safe.

Cheers,
Vista

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Yeah, you should have plenty of filtering with all that. If you ever start to have fuel starvation problems between the fuel tank and the carb, suspect the backwards filter. It will clog up a heck of alot faster flowing backwards. There is no debris chamber that way.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I'm not trying to be a jerk vista but I have a hard time taking in feedback on a product from somebody that cant even put a fuel filter on the proper direction

Vistaman73

Chat Box Junkie
Nov 29, 2009
Shawnee, Kansas
thanks oldtimer. Taco can think what he wants. But he has little ammo. I love my bike and and I'm happy I built it right. No one can take that away. The way the fuel filter is facing? Really? It doesn't matter. It filters out the gunk. It has yet to clog and if it does, I'll buy another one but I'm not going to go out and a switch the direction of a working fuel filter so I can be accepted by you. If you don't like my reviews then don't post. I gave you the link because you asked about it. I didn't give it to you just so you can bash me about how I build my bikes. Thanks for all the comments everyone, once the snow clears and it's warmer, I will get out and test this carb more, but until then there is nothing I can really do, I am getting jets from Duane as soon as he gets his shipment. That's the newest thing going on.

Cheers,
Vista

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
I guess you gotta start somewhere.
Criticism is constructive and I believe thats why some people give it.

Last edited: