China Girl Motor Exhaust Poll

GoldenMotor.com

What Exhaust are you running on your China Girl?

• Stock Exhaust

Votes: 13 19.7%
  • Modified Stock Exhaust

Votes: 14 21.2%
  • SBP Expansion Chamber

Votes: 19 28.8%
  • Other Expansion Chamber

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Total Custom Exhaust

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Re: China Girl Exhaust Poll

i run a modified, gutted stock exhaust with a supertrapp muffler with three discs, and it has a great sound and works a lot better than the stock.

my new bike is probably gonna get an expansion chamber, as soon as i find one that'll work. with the reversed barrel and the exhaust coming out the rear, i need to find something other than an SBP pipe. i'm looking into a Tomas Moped Biturbo set-up.

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny

i made a custom kinda poo poo pipe for now cuz i broke my muffler mounts right off the motor.. it runs quieter and especially with the rubber tipped hose end when i put it on.. but it makes lots of back pressure that way.. dont wanna hurt it anymore then i did... i will have to post pics and vids during the day and get the temps of our bikes.. my first quiet exhaust was awesome...YouTube - 100_5877.MOV

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

The grubbee pipe is good. Has a nice power band.. ride around on bugger all throttle with a fair bit up ur sleeve works well with the 36tooth.
Only I turned mine backwards and added an xtra inch to the header (for da **** of it).
But they are loud.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas

The grubbee pipe is good. Has a nice power band.. ride around on bugger all throttle with a fair bit up ur sleeve works well with the 36tooth.
Only I turned mine backwards and added an xtra inch to the header (for da **** of it).
But they are loud.
Thanks for mentioning how loud it is. that's an important detail.

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS

i run my own expansion chamber and it adds incredible power over a stock choker.. dont get me wrong some of my engines run awesome with a stock pipe too tho

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

I run a grocery getter, and my cruiser. The cruiser not so much because I want to repaint her soon. Grocery getter only runs a stock cat-pipe, but the cruiser has a pocket-bike pipe with ex-chamber built in and dual exhaust. Had a stock exhaust on her from the start, but the pocket bike exhaust really gave her a kick.

Ahh, the times before the snow...
YouTube - She loves the cold!

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH

i run a modified, gutted stock exhaust with a supertrapp muffler with three discs, and it has a great sound and works a lot better than the stock.

my new bike is probably gonna get an expansion chamber, as soon as i find one that'll work. with the reversed barrel and the exhaust coming out the rear, i need to find something other than an SBP pipe. i'm looking into a Tomas Moped Biturbo set-up.

not sure if i'm understanding you right but maybe this would help if you haven't totally decided on that one

http://www.kingsmotorbikes.com/bike-motor-engine-long-expansion-chamber.htm

i can't afford an expansion chamber et but hope to get one eventually. norman suggested i amass an army of tools for mods/future builds, and goat herder suggested i get a feel for tuning these things and understanding of how they work before worrying about performance parts so that's what i plan on doing :)

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

not to piss on parade, but pocket bike pipes are like $20(25 shipped) and work well for 'trailer park builds' (TPB get it?) Watch my vid Matt. When the snow melts a bit I'll get some gps readings for 'yall.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

matthurd, what i'm talking about is the reversed barrel set up, so the carb's in the front and the exhaust comes out the back. the pipes built for our bikes won't fit on mine without major modification, so i'm looking into something that's more or less a straight pipe.

here's a pic before i installed the supertrapp

here's a pic with the supertrapp

Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH

matthurd, what i'm talking about is the reversed barrel set up, so the carb's in the front and the exhaust comes out the back. the pipes built for our bikes won't fit on mine without major modification, so i'm looking into something that's more or less a straight pipe.

here's a pic before i installed the supertrapp
ah ok, i wasn't sure if you needed something with a bit of length for what you were doing, that's why i posted the link to that one, what's the advantage of your set up? or is it just to look cool?

and @ killercanuck i'm not sure i have the knowledge/resources to modify a pocket bike pipe to fit, the ones i saw didn't seem to have the bolt holes and were pretty straight so i'd have the same problem bairdco was having with my exhaust facing the wrong way.

unless theirs something im missing, i'm quite new at this so thats a very real possibility >.>