Expansion Chamber info.

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
after receiving my sbp expansion chamber i was disapointed

not by resluts i havent installed it yet but by the poor craftsmanship of it the expansion chamber was a peice of sheet metal pressed into shape then looks like it was welded together by a high school welding class learning to weld and after all that the muffler is not welded or threaded on but rivited on cheaply with rattle and makes me wonder if i could have done better myself with limited tools and a krappy welder

but it was cheap 65 bucks and free shipping if i get a boost of performance i will be happy i willjust have to make it stronger

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
build your own how do you figure out the shape and such i can weld it myself i have a cheap mig welder with a fluxcore wire i might just do that in the future

did you see the one four easy built on his hybrid thread it was awesome i would love to make one like that but the motor iwould put it on would have to be worthy

and oh yeah the expansion chamber comes with blue hose clamps and a spring to hole it all together

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
First of all - yes the welding is a bit ugly. But it generally is structurally strong.

The silencer isn't welded shut on the large OD, but is welded in place on the pipe - the cap rivets are solid enough and can easily be drilled out for repacking, extending or just adding more packing material.

We understand the super high temp blue silicone hose is not pretty to all, so we will be offering black hose in coming weeks. But also it's purpose is often misunderstood. Not everyone can weld their own pipe to fit their unique bike set-up. The hose gives the pipe the necessary seal and allows the flexibility required. Also, we supply two springs to pull the j-pipe to the header, just as many mc's have. There is a reason we sell more pipes than the other guys - mainly because they fit (down OR up) and are tunable. And after dialing in, they are quite durable.

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
yes i agree the design is versatile the welds apear structurally strong and the muffler is easily upgraded and accesable it was just a disapointment for looks than the one in the picture is so much smoother

could you show a picture with the rubber in place the large long hose i figure is for between the manifold and pi[e header and with just the straigh tube it fits fin but where do the short hoses go they dont fit over any of the pipes

oh and the manifold is pretty ugly looking from the inside im gonna have to make it smoother for better flow of air and smooth the inside of the pipe joints to

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
could you show a picture with the rubber in place the large long hose i figure is for between the manifold and pi[e header and with just the straigh tube it fits fin but where do the short hoses go they dont fit over any of the pipes
http://www.sickbikeparts.com/Manuals/Tuned Pipe Installation Instructions.pdf

oh and the manifold is pretty ugly looking from the inside im gonna have to make it smoother for better flow of air and smooth the inside of the pipe joints to
Yes this is highly recommended. Make the gasket and manifold match your exhaust port output (the engines come with at least 3 variations)