Phaser Gearbox

GoldenMotor.com

powdersummit

Sep 6, 2010
Idaho
I was wondering what everyones thoughts were on the design of phaser gear box

NosmokeMTB - Deciding on the materials

I personally like the design. If you have the fabrication capabilities for the frame and the derailer/tensioner setup it would be fairly easy to make. The cassettes can be store bought, although trying to find the right kind of cassettes that are linear and would work with a givin chain length and tensioner setup.

I see quite a few advantages to this type of setup vs. a standard mountain/road bike derailer system. Things are self contained and when in gear the chain is in a straight line.

I've been trying to reverse engineer from the photos but am still looking at different off the shelf cassettes that would work.

Let me know what you guys think.

Carl

.shft.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
All I have too say is "good luck" and that thing looks kinda complicated and prone to self-destruction. Other than that, it's an awesome work of brilliance....but the cost? Need someone to test it....look no further?rotfl

corgi1

Aug 13, 2009
KCMO
I think it said he is testing it and I would love to watch it working for a couple hours(or less ,what ever time it takes)what I read and saw so far it would withstand a total clutz shifting it maybe a super trans we could abuse under power,poss.even a Morini