Staton system rules

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
YES!--i now have my new 4 stroke Robin-Subaru engine 35cc Staton gearbox . Iam really impressed- it is the perfect balance between pedaling and motoring for me- and fantastic mileage -3 days ago did 70 miles with hills on gravel roads half the way for $1.30 gas-i also have a Morini SCSW 2 stroke full suspension and have had 2 Happy Times 50cc engines on two seperate bikes.

Attachments

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Looks nice Robin, I have heard good things about the subaru motor's. Keep us posted on how it does. The fuel mileage sounds great!

Merry Christmas

.santa

RecycleBill

Oct 31, 2009
Greensboro, North Carolina
They are good kits. The transmissions were first used on motorized wheelbarrows and handle 2000 pounds with ease. I assume Dave changed the gear ratio before he started selling them for bicycles. I used them on my bike/planes that weigh about 500 pounds with trailer in tow plus my 220 pounds-- I promise you'll never break one on a normal MB.

Can't say anything bad about the 33cc Robin engines either. I put over 5000 miles pulling that giant load all over town and the Robin never used a drop of oil. The original clutch is still in it-- never opened the case. The bikeplane is worn out so I'm planning to put the Robin-Staton on a regular bike.

Buddy

Jul 7, 2009
Ogden, Utah
I love my Staton/Subaru too. They may cost more than other kits but the extra money is definitely worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if it outlives me.