My newest bicycle, craigslist deal for 15$

GoldenMotor.com

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
Bought this bike 2 days ago from a guy on craigslist. After much searching for his house I found it and saw this bike in the garage and fell in love haha. Its a 92-97 Trek 7000 zx series bicycle. So far I have stripped the entire frame down, primered, and painted. Painted the shocks to match the frame, brake levers to match the frame. Removed black spray paint off the cranks/chainrings, polished the cranks and seat post. Upgrades after the initial build are shimano tourney rear derailleur with mega cogs, v brake type brakes to get rid of the canti brakes (I am not a fan of canti brakes). New specialized slick road tires, currently has mismatched tires on it. I am going to upgrade my primary motorbikes motor to a 4 stroke in the future... this bicycle is going to serve as a host for my old 2 stroke eventually :) My wife thinks I am insane for purchasing this bike... but come on 15$ its kept me tinkering in the garage for the past 2 days, to me that alone is worth it

here is a link to the pics of my build (I unfortunately didn't get a pre build photo) When I got it the bike was purple powdercoat with 80% of the frame and most of the parts covered in black spray paint, they even painted over the original trek stickers :(
Flickr: OmegaUnderground's Photostream

omegaunderground

Sep 16, 2009
modesto
I am actually on the fence about the motor thing, I have a 4 stroke ryobi 66cc weed eater I might make it a friction drive so I dont have to mount to the frame

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
Nice bike, thats a high end trek if you look at the details of the frame and parts. You could get your money back just from selling the stem.