New guy with questions

GoldenMotor.com

bluecar

Aug 13, 2009
Kansas City
Hey,

I am really impressed with the work on this forum. Nice
board track bikes.

So I started looking for a project and found this old Coulmbia.

Would this be a good start ??

Best wheels and tires ??

Best engine kit ??

Thanks for helping the newbie,
BC

Attachments

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Welcome Blue, that is best as an informed decision your best advise is first research info on this wonderful forum there is an outstanding amount. Then it's all up to you and there is a lots of real smart people to help out with anything you need

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi well here goes "opinions" I use Worksman wheel sets, Sturmey Archer Wheelsets, and the least expensive I use are .105 steel-spoked chrome wheels from Taiwan.

For an engine kit I would choose either Whizzer (not real easy to find) or EZ Motorbike (availble all over).

I like the old 2-bar frames and an in-frame tank would be cool, I would also look inot some kind of suspension for the front. American made Schwinn springers can be very good, as well as Cleveland Welding and a few other companies.

you can see some of those things here Simpson Motor Bikes

Mike

bluecar

Aug 13, 2009
Kansas City
MBMike,

Thanks for the info.

Do you have a link or source for the least expensive wheel sets that you use are .105 steel-spoked chrome wheels from Taiwan ???

Best,
BC

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi I use 3 different wholesale houses that are not open to the public, locally I sell a lot of those wheels. You would have seen them on the beach cruisers on my site (not the 68 spoke wheels they are .080).

I'm not sure what it would cost to ship a pair, and the 105's do not have drum brakes, so must rely on rim edge type brakes ( I NEVER consider any bike built here ready to ride, if no front brakes).

Worksman, and the Sturmey wheelsets I use have drum brakes.

Mike

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Last edited: