Newbee Morini thread.

GoldenMotor.com

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
If I am seeing things correctly Morini are sold out until September?

Maybe I have to just replace this and wait?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Morini's are not a bolt-on proposition. I have been studying mine for the past month...well..two months, and I think I've worked out the bugs with mounting one.

First problem is they are wider than the Chinee motors by quite a bit thus requiring a wider crank/pedal set-up. There are wider sets made in a wide price range. Some bikes can get away with bending the pedal cranks to widen them out. Mine are aluminum and I'm going to try bending them in my new vice :) If that doesn't work then the new crankset is in order.

Second; as I bought my motor used off of eBay the throttle cable is too short. Going to the Cycle Salvage yard for one that fits. And, no, I wasn't worried that it was used. There's a world of difference between the Chinee and the Italian motors. Reports of Morini motors lasting a very long time are common, 10,000 miles and more.

Even a new S6E at the lowest horse power rating will run circles around an HT motor. The Morini's take mods very well making more power easily.

I'm just waiting for another camera to get here. The one's I have take crappy pictures and I have 4 projects going on at the same time on my bike. Mounting the motor including the ItaliJet expansion chamber. Making a copper fuel tank. Refurbishing and converting to electric a antique Lucas Carbide headlamp that corroded as all getout. And crafting a copper and aluminum taillight that looks like an old coach lamp :)

Last edited:

Ernst

May 28, 2011
Turlock Ca
Thanks for the links and advice.

Since the CG on mine chunked yesterday I have to get rolling asap.

It's looking like I need to replace and then plan what to do next. I sure want something I can count on.

<sigh> Bummer day with no ride.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
So, I get up at my usual time, the crack of noon, and there's a FED X package...it's my new camera!! I haven't even paid for it yet and it's here. I've got to tell the people that I got it from NOT to ship until they are paid.

It's a good thing for them I'm a basically honest person...