photos of multiple threads

GoldenMotor.com

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
heres an idea sometimes i wanna look at photos of specific bike types rat rods, cruisers, mountain bikes

i was thinking maybe if we had a photo section for each catagory of bike either as stiskys in the picture section or a sticky in each individual forum section

maybe with an option to add picture to the sticky when adding to a post

i dont know just an idea

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Any number of people, staff & members alike have attempted something similar - while it's a great idea, such always "deteriorates" a more and more folks chime in with complements, often straying off topic... while we don't mind & even enjoy such, the only way to keep the thread on topic & just pictures is to create two crosslinked - one open for member contributions (pics, links & comments) and one "locked" & stickied, requiring staff to add pics & links as they're acquired.

While this may seem simple enough, where this attempted for each and every specific build type - the sheer number of members and types of build makes this a somewhat herculean task for what amounts to "just" a picture gallery.

A simpler solution requiring very little effort has just been added to the forum and one I'm quite excited about - the personal member albums & galleries now available on each member's profile page. Should you be in 'Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles' for example and a member is offering interesting suggestions - click their user name and "view public profile", on the right there will be a panel titled 'Albums' if they've created any, including links to build threads should they choose to include them, there's even the ability to post comments & questions under each individual picture.

At the moment it's still quite new and not that many folks have utilized it - but as it grows in popularity it should prove quite handy for researching ideas and influences, checkin' out other people's builds for jus' that perfect look ;)

hurricane

Sep 20, 2010
america
I didnt know about that photo album either,good tip barelyawake.

I create my own favorites when i come across them, I just copy the picture and add them to a specific folder on my computer for viewing later

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There's also another interesting feature with the new forum software, at the top of the page where it says: "User CP, FAQ, ChatBox Full, Community, Calendar, New Posts, Search, Quick Links & Log Out" - if you click 'Community' there'll be a lil drop down menu w/"Pictures and Albums" as one of the choices, click it and it'll bring ya to "Recently Updated Albums" - members that have just added/updated their albums w/new pics ;)