baha 97cc junk honda gx100 A+

GoldenMotor.com

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
i see others asking about the honda gx100, i have the large frome bike giant and started with the bahamotorsports 97cc motor, 900 miles on this the crank broke in half, baha sain sory no warrenty on the crank, they told me to just buy another motor for 200 ... what a joke, they dont sell parts for what they sell, so i bought the new honda gx100qa from smallenginewarehouse for 310 + 20 shipping 2 days at riding at half throttle and under, breaking it in, the baha vibrated ware the rearview mirror was worthless, and the honda is a very smooth running motor, ware i live its allways windy 20 mph. winds + the baha only held its speed at 20 mph. the honda speeds up going into the wind, the baha has a top speed of 40 mph with no wind, i will updhe ate in a week on the hondas top end when this gets broke in, the honda runs very smoothly and picks up speed ( to half throttle ) quicker then the baha, honda has a 3 year household warrenty A+ in my book, and the baha well you get what you pay for a disposible motor the baha brakes and you throw it away, the honda you can get anything to fix this, but im hoping on 3 years of perfect running...
who knows sprockets, i have a new main 12 point sprocket, and a rear 60 point, what is the best rear sprocket to use on the 98.7 cc honda... thanks

Last edited:

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
i added a pic of the bike as an attachment, i had to down size it to add it, i hope its not to small, i have a centrifical clutch and 27" tires, would a gearbox work better, i have only used centrifical cluthces...

Attachments

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Think you'd be better off w/ about 8:1 o/a reduction rather than 5:1. Right now your geared to top out at 64mph; 8:1 will get you 40mph.

Cheers!

Gator Wrestler

Jan 22, 2009
Springfield LA
I would think a 2 to 1 reduction gearbox would work great with this engine. IMO it should be geared for a final ratio of about 10 to 1 or 14 to 1 for best results. Have you bypassed the governor? This will help top end along with a less restrictive exhaust. I think the ratio you have now will be hard on the clutch.

Tom

sheelistic

May 16, 2010
wpg. manitoba
hi i also have a 97 cc minisbike trailer pushin a reunbent . it schreeches alot. itmight be my cluch or do you think it my crank. cheers sheelistic

captianroger

Jul 15, 2010
fargo
update on the honda 100cc motor set up
with/ 60 tooth rear sprocket on 27" tires you need a jackshift with 2:1 gear reduction, or you can get a centriffical cluthc with 10 tooth #35 chain
( expensive ) and a 63 tooth rear sprocket will work.
best option= comet tav 2 tork convertor i found a sleeve on the internet to make the 5/8 crank a 3/4 crank, then the comet will work the best, comet slow speed reduction is 5:1 so you can go with a 48 tooth sprocket on the rear, smaller rear if your using 26" tires.