SBP heavy duty air filter on new cns carb?

GoldenMotor.com

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i have the new cns carb with the red cover air filter. and i was wondering if anyone has put the SBP HD high performance air filter on it? its for the NT carbs. but i can put the stock NT filter on my new cns. so it should work right? just dont want to but it and not be able to use it..thanx

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
If the current carb has the two bolt holes spaced about 1.6" apart, it should fit - but the HD AF is molded to fit the NT carb. There are are several versions of CNS carbs out there, so without a picture it's tough for me to know.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
If the current carb has the two bolt holes spaced about 1.6" apart, it should fit - but the HD AF is molded to fit the NT carb. There are are several versions of CNS carbs out there, so without a picture it's tough for me to know.
i got a cns carb with both my shyhawk kits. the first one had a clamp on cone shaped filter. the one i inquire about is the newest, red covered filter and dose have the the bolt holes. and im to assume that it will fit. because the stock NT filter/cover fits it. i just dont know if it will seal right?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
i got a cns carb with both my shyhawk kits. the first one had a clamp on cone shaped filter. the one i inquire about is the newest, red covered filter and dose have the the bolt holes. and im to assume that it will fit. because the stock NT filter/cover fits it. i just dont know if it will seal right?
Understood - please post or email a picture of the carb inlet as Jim asks. Thanks.

earl.k

Jan 19, 2011
PA! USA
i made a album with 8 photos. its should make it easy. i know the bolt spacing is right. and im almost %100 sure it will work now. but if you still want, check the pics out.