'56 goodyear motorized with custom tank!

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
got it done earlier, and i've been riding it all day. despite how it looks, this thing's solid. no creaks, no rattles. the motor fits perfect. and by "perfect," i mean, it took me a coupla hours to get it in there exactly right.

in my earlier thread, i was saying how i hated that peanut tank, so i fixed it, and i mean i fixed it good. beat the crap outta it with a rubber mallet and mounted it in the frame. it's a little off-center (just a little :)) but it actually looks pretty cool. and it doesn't leak! i'll probably end up with a small cylinder tank, there's a lawn mower shop down the street that says they got a few...

the only problem i can forsee is the fuel line. the filter rubs on the head, so i either have to make a heat shield or just wait till my privates go up in flames.

oh, and when i was moving the fuel banjo, the hollow bolt snapped in half. so i threw some wrenches around, kicked my roomates dog, called various hardware, go-ped, scooter, etc. stores to find another one. which i didn't. so i had a smoke, drank a beer, and then i dug through my box-o-crap, found a bolt, drilled it, filed it, and installed it. works perfect.

here's some pics:

Attachments

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
You really do have some peanut angst lol laff

I do like yer bike tho - sweet ride! You gonna paint her up nice or leave her rough & ready?

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i'm gonna keep it "as found," for now. i figure the motor, chain, gas, etc. are just gonna mess it up, so i'm not gonna invest in restoring it till i have my bikes done and i can de-motorize it.

the cool thing, is i'm only missing the tank and the front fender light, the paint is spray can blue metalflake, and the lettering and pinstriping is basically "white-out, hand lettered." if i re-chrome, that'll cost me, but other than that, restoring should be a breeze.

and i saw one restored for 500 bucks. that'd be a good profit.

i was also toying with the idea of restoring the bike, leaving the motor on, and making it all CHiP's-ed out.