CNS carb issue

GoldenMotor.com

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
I have three out of six CNS carbs that I purchased break the mounting strap on the left side- anybody else have this issue? I can engineer an over-strap to make the fool thing useable, but why is it doing this?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I have one cns2 that broke due to vibration on a friends bike. I think the plastic bushing is not a good adapter for the CNS.

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Mine's holding in there so far..........

Why don't you post a few pictures so we can see what actually happened.........enquiring minds, and all that.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The first five kits I bought all came with the cns2, two of the bushings were a yellowish color. These two bushings fell apart in a couple of months. I made a copper bushing that has worked for the last three years. A lot of people don't like the CNS line of carbs but they run pretty good if tuned right. The best and safest is the choke enrichment lever on the handle bars. Its much better than trying to lower the choke lever on the nt while riding.

Sgt. Howard

Sep 28, 2010
Okanogan, WA
I will get some shots this weekend- I also came up with what I think is a cure. Others had mentioned that the nylon bushings disintegrate in time, so I cut some out of aluminum. These I JB welded to the manifold and clamped the carb on that- now I have a single #10 screw holding the whole thing together with a steel 'splint'. Seems tight enough...