Beer with infused flavoring (Spearmint)

GoldenMotor.com

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I already have been planning for using the mortar and pestle for making some mojito drink with white rum. The mint or spearmint ground up and then the liquid poured into and sieved out adds nice flavor.

I remember I had a mojito and it was really good with lots of crushed ice.

The Schlitz Retro Beer in a can cold and infused with spearmint from my garden recently. At the BBQ the layout of Hamburgers, Salmon Fillet, and Eggplant with olive oil, salt and whole celery seed sprinkled was a hit with the brew.

MT

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I will/have tried lots of things...........however, spearmint beer just sounds like one of those Harry Potter jellybeans.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I've never been a mint fan but there was a micro brewery here in Denver that made a seasonal beer with honey. It wasn't overpowering, just a hint of honey flavor. Great stuff. Unfortunately they went out of business.

Tom

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I should say the amount of spearmint was less strong than the beer hops that it contained, so it didn't change the overall taste to a major degree.

As far as mojito drink, the white rum does not have that much flavor, so it has a nice minty flavor.

MT

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
There are a lot of microbreweries experimenting with different ingredients in thier brews.. as yet I haven't been impressed with any I've tried... even the one with ginger added to "give it a sneaky kick" is a lot milder than I expected.. less ginger flavour than in ginger ale. At one point I had a bottle of some French beer that I used for roasting a chicken, as it had a bunch of herbs and spice etc in it.. worked well for cooking with, and tastier that the standard 'beer can chicken'.

I have had (and can make) a couple of "beer drinks"... Half-and-half (half Guinness, half Harp lager), and a Black and Tan (half Guinness, half Smithwick's). I like the looks on people's faces when you have a properly built half-and-half in hand. (The Guinness stout sits on top of the lager, with no mixing of the two).

For the most part, though, the only thing I like in my beer is beer as per the German purity law.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
https://www.beaus.ca/beer/pro-am/spruce_moose

I saw this, the name similar to the once used aircraft by Howard Hughes.... do you think people drink the stuff once and never again?

Any way when I looked it was sold out. Wiki search mentions beer an ale made with spruce was used as it has vitamin C to prevent scurvy. I suppose in the winter just grab a handful of pine needle and munch away... please check with you physician first!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spruce_beer

MT

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I already have been planning for using the mortar and pestle for making some mojito drink with white rum. The mint or spearmint ground up and then the liquid poured into and sieved out adds nice flavor.

I remember I had a mojito and it was really good with lots of crushed ice.

The Schlitz Retro Beer in a can cold and infused with spearmint from my garden recently. At the BBQ the layout of Hamburgers, Salmon Fillet, and Eggplant with olive oil, salt and whole celery seed sprinkled was a hit with the brew.

MT
Looks like a great day, MT!

Made me think of the very few flavored beers I have tried. Most were great. but one was Oranjeboom. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oranjeboom

This stuff is bad.

Attachments