Illinois resisdents please enter

GoldenMotor.com

juan26

Sep 17, 2012
north riverside, il
Where does is state in the Illinois vehicle code that you don't need a license
To ride these types of bicycle because I currently own a 48cc motorized bicycle and my license is revoked I need some help on finding this so I can print it out if anybody knows
Please give me the info on the Illinois vehicle code please thanks any help would be helpful.

Apr 5, 2018
I was told by a state cop that these MB would have to be licensed and I would have to obtain a motorcycle license to operate one. Has anybody ever had any trouble with this before? Is this true or is he thinking I am talking about a bigger scooter or something?

Thanks
WOW!
I located this thread accidentally. I, am the 'Galesburg Man Gets Bicycle Towed For DUI' guy.

I have THRICE (3X) had complaint dismissed in court regarding my use of motorized bicycles here in Illinois. But I have also utilized them in California as well as in Texas.

In Illinois, the statute supposedly regulating the use of low-speed gas bicycles is flawed. The specifications are IDENTICAL to those regulating electric bicycles.

The problem?

It would require a 3-horsepower gas engine to accomplish the performance of a 1-horsepower electric motor. Ergo, the device AS described in the Illinois statute CAN NOT mechanically exist and operate. Thus, it CAN NOT be "enforced."

As for the DUI . . . I refer you to the 5th Amendment.