First motorized bike build.

GoldenMotor.com

bharmon

Nov 3, 2011
Ohio
My wife had an old Huffy cruiser that sat around for years so I ask her if she minded if I polish it up a little. I am pretty happy the way it turned out but after looking at some of the more advanced builds I am going to start on a new board tracer right after Christmas and then save it to for Portland, Indiana 2012. A couple of not too good pics attached.

Attachments

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
bharmon said:
...so I ask her if she minded if I polish it up a little
Understatement of the year right there! :)

Welcome, thanks for sharing. Looks sweet.

btw, where's your front brake? :eek: Gotta be careful with only a coaster toaster...

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Would love to see more pics and hear more about the build. I love the tank, did you make it? And the graphics, are they stickers? Looking forward to seeing what you do with your second bike..... do you plan on using another chinagirl or maybe something else?

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Would love to see more pics and hear more about the build. I love the tank, did you make it? And the graphics, are they stickers? Looking forward to seeing what you do with your second bike..... do you plan on using another chinagirl or maybe something else?
Yes! Yes! Tell us about the tank. In detail, please; I'm considering a bigger in-frame tank myself.

BTW: that really is a fantastic first-time build. Heck, that's a fantastic build of any kind. Nice work!

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
Nice work, looks like we have another nice clean build here. I love the tank as well. You might have a bit more power with an expansion pipe on there, just the nature of the 2-stroke motor.

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Whatcha talking about Fastfingas??????????????????? I know the bike looks "GREAT........ thats why i said so....... more then once........ maybe youve had 1 too many glasses of eggnog this XMas

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Fastfingaz i dont know how you got confused...... i love this bike LOL. In fact i dont think this bike has gotten the attention it deserves..... VERY NICE!!!!!!!....... Happy Holidays F.F

bharmon

Nov 3, 2011
Ohio
It appears that there is some interest in the tank. Well I used what I had which was a section of 2 " x 4" x 1/8" wall steel tubeing. It made a heavy tank but it was easy to cut to shape and then mig weld the caps and joints. The filler neck is a piece of 1" tubeing taped to 3/4"pipe and used a slightly modified garden hose connection and cap. The lettering on the tank was hand painted by a local guy, who copied a picture that I printed from the internet. It was a lot of fun to build and I thank everyone for the interest. As for the pipe I cut it off to look more authentic and probably gave up some power in an engine that doesn't have much to begin with. BHarmon

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I'll have to agree with Harry on this one "it looks great!!" you really couldn't have picked a better bike for the job and desired effects of the build
NICE! NICE! NICE!

Motorbikermark

Nov 16, 2011
Western N.C.
Awesome build man! I can't wait to see your second build. I wouldn't worry too much about giving up some speed, Drivers are going to slow down to check it out anyway!

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Beautiful, really nice job.
The pipe is your choice, I realize it makes it look older that way.
In support of better pipes, 2 strokes do benefit a lot from changing the type of pipe you use. My 48cc really flies now with a 'performance' pipe. But I realize the choices often dont look the part.
Maybe some talented person should make an aftermarket 'performance' pipe for 2 strokes that would increase power AND look good on a boardtracker? I saw one on Pat's site for a Morini.
I think a really 'old school' performance pipe for China 2 strokes would sell well. I dont know exactly what that could look like, & still look the part, but I think it would be worth coming up with something.

Last edited:

bharmon

Nov 3, 2011
Ohio
Re; A good two cycle pipe, the old two cycle racing pipes had a long "extractor cone" with a short "difuser cone' on the end and a small "stinger" pipe. The idea was that it would extract exaust from the cyl. and then return the gas pulses to block the port just at the right timming and help hold the intake charge in the cylinder. As I write this I see that sick Bike Parts has a tuned pipe in thier ad, don't know what engine that is for? Do you know of a high performance pipe for the China engines?

brett7777

Aug 19, 2011
Auckland, New Zealand
Re; A good two cycle pipe, the old two cycle racing pipes had a long "extractor cone" with a short "difuser cone' on the end and a small "stinger" pipe. The idea was that it would extract exaust from the cyl. and then return the gas pulses to block the port just at the right timming and help hold the intake charge in the cylinder. As I write this I see that sick Bike Parts has a tuned pipe in thier ad, don't know what engine that is for? Do you know of a high performance pipe for the China engines?
I didnt want to hijack so I started a thread about 'em over in the performance section.