Raw kit or Jet kit? Any Thoughts?

GoldenMotor.com

wsmuller

Mar 6, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I'm trying to decide between the Rawmotors.com Silver 66/80cc and the Jet 66/80cc from kingsmotorbikes.com, (both are 2-strokes).

There isn't much to distinguish these two kits..at least from my point of view. They also both cost around the same, and are chinese made.

Other Similarities (perhaps not identical) include the CDI, carburetor, clutch lever and assembly, 44 tooth sprocket, 415 chain, fuel valve, mounting hardware, etc. Moreover, fuel efficiency and HP are both rated around the same.

There are, however, a few seemingly insignificant differences. I don't know if any of these are important, but the Raw kit comes with a Magneto kill switch on the throttle. The Jet's throttle is an Accelograph, with what appears to be a generic kill switch (which I've heard bad reviews about). Additionally, the Jet's motor head is angled, and the Raw's is standard. On the other hand, Raw has a full 6 month warranty, and Jet has no warranty.

Any Thoughts?

jjbikes

Mar 6, 2011
Houston, TX
personally i'd go with the one with the warranty. both of those engines really look the same, but you can never tell. i never heard anything bad about raw motors, but then again, i ain't really heard too much about them

Bikesnfire

Jul 17, 2010
PA
I have purchased 3 of their 66/80cc slant head kits and have been well satisfied. I had a question about the order and sent them an email on a Saturday and got an answer from them the same day. So far no problems with any of the motors.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
if you order the jet from kings your going to get a grubee gt5. the jet and raw motors are getting hard to find.
The Raw motors are not hard to find,here is a link to them http://rawmotors.com/....I bought everything from thatsdax to BGF and in the end I bought 2 Raw motors and love them....I bought the 2 Raw motor kits for 100 bucks a peice with free shipping(had to buy 2 to get that deal)....The link I put up for the company has a 6 month warranty and they are out of Las Vegas....Go with the Raw motor....
John

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
i called them about 2 kits and they said no way. that it cost them more than that for the kits. i also asked about free shipping.. same thing. i guess you called on a friday afternoon and they were feeling good. anyhow good for you lucky guy!

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
i called them about 2 kits and they said no way. that it cost them more than that for the kits. i also asked about free shipping.. same thing. i guess you called on a friday afternoon and they were feeling good. anyhow good for you lucky guy!
I actually bought mine on e-bay about a year 1/2 ago....They dont sell on e-bay anymore and there cost has gone up....It might not even be the same seller anymore....Yes im a lucky one....I figured I better buy 2 kits just incase one of the engines went bad,but they are such good engines,I cant wear this on out so I have the spare laying around....
I have bought around 7 or so kits over the years and the Raw is by far the best motor I have owned....They also just sell the replacement engines for 79.00....
John.shft.

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
thanks john, here in cal there hard to find. dam c.a.r.b. now they want to outlaw wood fireplaces. wish i had my old 69 kawasaki mk lll now that would smoke em!