Riding my motorized bicycle, keeping up with traffic on the Highway

GoldenMotor.com

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
There are no bike lanes and this is the shortest route to my destination so I have no choice but to take this highway. The highway I have to take is about 10 kilometers. And I don't have to pay tolls, because it's on 2 wheels. BTW, there are also some pedal powered bicycles that uses this highway, like I said no bike lanes.

Public transport would take me 2 hours, riding my motorized bicycle only takes about 30 minutes for an 18 kilometer journey.
Public transport takes so long because there is no direct route to my destination.

It's a bit shaky and you'll have to turn down your volume... Enjoy the ride!!! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4xT0ddZjr8

bill2781

May 24, 2013
okmulgee OKlahoma
that is very exspiring for me I hope my motorized bicycle runs as good as yours does when I finaly get the cash saved up to get me a kit . if you don't mind me asking what mods have you done to your bike ?

Last edited by a moderator:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Never saw one of these machines pass cars like that!!

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
You're a braver man than me, Tech. what do ya do with the left over
adrenalin when you get there? Martinis 'shaken', not stirred?
Thank God I'm a country boy! My bike computer reads average speed:
12.4 mph.

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
that is very exspiring for me I hope my motorized bicycle runs as good as yours does when I finaly get the cash saved up to get me a kit . if you don't mind me asking what mods have you done to your bike ?
The motorized bicycle has a shifter kit from Sick Bike Parts, High compression head from Rock Solid Engines(RSE), engine also from RSE. Air filter and Walbro carb from DDM. Muffler from Hobby King, the one used on Large Scale r/c planes. Brakes are 203 mm mechanical discs. Tires are claimed to be puncture proof, Schwalbe Marathon. The rear hub is an 11 speed Internal Gear Hub(IGH) with a 20T sprocket Shimano Alfine.

Chain rings are 30T and 25T, with a 10T sprocket for the Shifter kit.