replaced entire elecrical system, AND IT STILL WONT RUN!!!

GoldenMotor.com

Bigredgasbike

Apr 2, 2010
California
If anyone can help me with this id be very happy because i really miss riding my gasbike. A while back my bike stopped running for no apparent reason, and after much troubleshooting, and replacing every last electrical part on the bike, it still wont run. -_- it gets full compression, and the carb is working fine. the only thing really wrong with it is that it is greasy and filthy, which makes me think it might be a grounding problem, if anyone has any input on that, or anything else that might help, as i said before, it would be greatly appreciated:-||

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you can hold the spark plug in your hand, your hand on a good motor ground and roll the bike without getting bit, your electrics still aren't working

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
If you're worried about dirt or oil interfering with grounding, then grab a can of wd40 and spray all grounding points thoroughly with it. No need to wipe it off or let it dry, wd40 doesn't interfere with electricity. If you spray and nothing happens, then that wasn't the problem. If you've got rubber or tape between your engine mounts, that could also be interfering with your ground.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You say you have compression but how much? Sometimes some compression is just not enough. Have you checked your mag rotor? I've seen rotors lose their magnetism. Is your rotor installed correctly if you removed it?

JangAlang

May 8, 2014
illinois
When you replaced your magneto did you notice any oil leakage? Could be your seal behind there. Just throwing my change in there.